“Ok for a flying visit” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Blackpool
“Ok for a flying visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed here for one night before a business appointment at nearby Weston Park. The hotel is in a beautiful house close to the centre of Shifnal. There is a large car park, a restaurant and bar (open to the public) and a large number of rooms in the main house and in cottages around the building. Amazingly, it was very quiet (maybe less than a dozen guests) and staff outnumbered diners on the Sunday night I was there. Limited expectations may account for the number of items that were not available on the bar menu. However, my room was ok, food was more than acceptable (apart from stale coffee in room - redeemed by home made biscuits) and it looks like a good base if you wanted or needed to spend time in Shifnal or Telford.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
heritageproperties, Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review further to your recent visit to the hotel.

Thank you for all your positive comments; I am sorry to see that the menu selection was slightly liimted and I will personally look into this to ensure it is not repeated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Park House Hotel in the not too distant future.

Regards

Richard Jones - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Choppington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed for a couple of nights, the staff were wonderful, the rooms were clean and comfortable, requested a cot for the room and one was brought straight away and assembled, really nice stay and the wedding went really well, food add breakfast was really good would stay again if in the area

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for all your kind comments relating to your recent visit to the Park House Hotel.

I hope the wedding was a day to remember and please be assured I will pass on all your kind comments to the team.

I hope you visit us again when you are next in Shropshire.

Regards

Richard Jones - General Manager
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

the staff couldnt do more for me the food was exceptional, the service next to none one complaint would be the brekfast it did let the most enjoyable stay down (no eggs on a brekfast when we stated what we wanted) we had eaten the meal before they arrived! also the biggest let down was the leisure facilitys they really need updating the steam room didnt even work and the jacuzzi seemed on its way out!! the deals they have on offer on certain package websites are brilliant!!

Room Tip: room 3 is lovely!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Derry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stay in the Park House quite regularly when on business in Telford, hotels and nightlife in general is not good in Telford, Shifnal is a nice town and only 15 minutes from Telford. The Park House rooms are of a good standard and comfortable. I often have dinner in the Bar and find the food good. Breakfast is of a good standard, a buffet of cereals and pastries is available with table service for a cooked breakfast. Service has in the main been okay, I was over charged on one occasion for my stay and my emails were not replied to, I had to call up to sort it out, however this was a one off when I have stayed here at least a dozen times.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My Husband and I stayed at the Park House Hotel to meet up with friends. We took advantage of the £99, (B,B and EM) deal which was fantastic value. We booked in and were told we were in the cottages. They were beautifully clean and tidy and extremely comfortable. We sat in the gardens whilst waiting for our friends, and the atmosphere was extremely good. We were booked in for dinner at 8pm and this was excellent. The service and food was first class. The following morning we went for breakfast, and again the staff and the food were brilliant.
We would definately stay again and would have no hesitation in recommending this beautiful hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband got married on Sunday 25th August and had the Park house hotel as our venue for the wedding breakfast and evening party. The rooms and gardens were beautiful. Everything ran smoothly and the staff were very helpful. The wedding breakfast was delicious, we had 3 choices for our meal and everybody said how nice it was. After the meal and speeches, the staff quickly altered the room for the evening party and the room looked brilliant! Overall we had such an amazing day!

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We're having our wedding reception here next December so I took my parents for a little look around. The hotel is beautiful, very grand looking. This is what we fell in love with about the Park House. The group day are very clean and tidy with old plenty of parking spaces for guests and visitors. After having a look around the hotel and suites we decided to stay for afternoon tea. The charge is £9.95 per serving and for that you get a selection of sandwiches, cakes and desserts as well as tea or coffee. As I am a vegetarian I asked about the sandwiches and they made sure that there was a good choice for me. When the food arrived it was beautifully presented and very fresh. I asked about the ingredients in one of the desserts and the staff could not do enough to help. As the dessert I was asking about contained gelatine the chef prepared me a vegetarian alternative without even being g asked! Excellent customer service! As the staff knew I was holding my wedding reception here, they were keen to know about our plans and happily chatted to us for a while. Its felt really nice that they were taking an interest. After tasting the food and seeing the excellent customer service, I can't wait for December 2014. I know that they're going to pull out all the stops to make our day extra special.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Park House Hotel? Share your experiences!