“wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 Oswestry B&B and Inns
portugal
“wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

our son was married in july and we came over from portugal he booked us in here and i have never been to such a lovely place Maggie and Cammeron are the most wonderful hosts they can not do enough for anyone, we all had breakfast the day after the wedding (9 people in all) and again they were so good Maggie took our grandson of so we were able to sit and talk and eat the breakfast is wonderful even the black pudding which i did not eat until Cammreon gave me a sample to try first day. It is a shame they dont award 6 stars or more We would recomend anyone to visit GREYSTONES.The rooms are wonderful big and so clean.The lounge is so comftable and the gardens are beutiful and an ideal place for a wedding!!!!!!!!

• Liked — everthing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

I don't know how to start singing the praises of Greystones. The name is cheekily haunting for a place which is far from haunted although it does totally bewitch you into never wanting to leave. I stayed for the weekend arriving on the Friday in the beautiful sunshine and was immediately welcomed by a huge smile from the owner Cameron, a pot of perfect tea and delicious biscuits before I took in the gorgeous gardens with Zac the dog showing me around. Then in the evening I was invited to join Cameron & Maggie and Maggie's sister and niece for dinner rather than sitting on my own at a table which I jumped at - and what a fab evening. The food was absolutely gorgeous - Cameron is a fantastic chef and obviously has a huge passion for food and both he and Maggie love people which I presume is why they are so good at doing what they do - making you feel an immediate part of the family and as if their house really is your house. I hardly wanted to go to the wedding the next day (the reason why I was staying there) as I just wanted to stay with my new family in my new beautiful home.

There is so many reasons for booking this place so rather than rant on I might just list a few of the other things that make you foolish if you choose to stay anywhere else:

1) The People - Maggie & Cameron who I want to call my new Shropshire parents.
2) The Food - 5 Star the whole way cooked by Cameron whose passion for cooking really shows - book in for dinner and don't miss breakfast - if you're lucky they may even chuck in a bag of Tayto's for your car journey or a midnight snack! (Did I mention that when the electricity went down on the Sunday morning, they still cooked up a storm on an emergency gas hob!)
3) The Place - my suite was sumptuous - everything is there that you could possibly want including fluffy robes, sewing kits, earbuds, the best bed, I-Pod speakers, huge TV - the list goes on and on..
4) The Gardens - clean & serene - breathtaking and you really have escaped into a lovely world when you arrive.

The Only Problem - they make it hard for you to leave!

I am going back as soon as I can - hurray for them and thank you to them too for making my weekend beautiful.

There is so much to say about this place - and for me it was

• Liked — All of it - the people, the place, the food, all fab.
  • Disliked — It was all great. I really mean it.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
chichester Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2007

Having had a great deal of trouble finding a B&B that would take me as a single traveller for one night, I was delighted that Cameron was able to take me.
Even though I was the only guest on that night, I was made most welcome and able to eat in. Cameron is an excellent cook, both he and Magy kept popping into the dinning room to check that I was not too lonely. To be honest I was enjoying the peace and quiet.
My suite was lovely. A wonderfuI room with plenty of seating and a large TV. After my meal I was able to retire to my room, sit back and relax. Not before I had a lovely soak in the bath. Bliss!! The bed was very comfortable. The pillows were lovely and soft too, which makes for a good nights sleep.
I will most certainly go back with my husband.

• Liked — Cameron, Magy, the food, the bed..........
  • Disliked — sink taps - difficult to use.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2007

My family of 9 people were invited to a wedding reception in Oswestry on the evening of Saturday 29 September.

Rather than stay in a hotel my daughter suggested using a B&B where we could enjoy a family weekend in an intimate and private setting.

She made arrangements by email with hosts Cameron and Magy, who couldn't have been more helpful.

We arrived, by car, from 4 different parts of the country. Being a Friday evening arrival 3 groups were held up by traffic and arrived considerably later than our planned time of arrival. This would not have been a problem if we hadn"t asked Cameron and Magy to prepare a special dinner for 7.30.

Last arrivals finally appeared at 8.45. Despite our lateness the meal was fabulous and far too much wine was consumed (they don't have a licence but were happy to serve wine that we had brought with us).

The 3 guest rooms, two of which are suites, are beautiffully furnished with comfortable beds and sofas. Views over the extensive garden and countryside are delightful.

The breakfast was truly sumptious with everthing cooked to order. Freshly squeezed orange, plates of prepared fruit, warm croisants and pastries were more than we could demolish.

On Saturday evening we had planned to take taxis to and from the reception which was a few miles away. Our hosts would not here of this and drove us there in two cars.

Sunday morning and yet another fabulous breakfast before going our differant ways.

This B&B, which I believe has been open for less than a year was awarded AA***** on its first inspection. My family and I now know why.

This has got to be one of the best value weekend breaks you can find.

• Liked — Comfort and service
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

I have just returned from a weekend away with my family at Greystones B&B in Crickheath near Oswestry in Shropshire. It is a fabulous property, set in beautiful gardens with bright, spacious rooms with lovely views and luxurious bathrooms. Cameron and Magy's are warm and charming hosts and we really appreciated the extra hospitality such as dropping us all off at the venue for a wedding.

The food was absolutely excellent too. We had arranged to have dinner on our arrival night and were so pleased that we did. All the choices were great but the duck salad, hotpot and lemon tart were particularly good. Breakfast was terrific too.

I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

Been to Greystones? Share your experiences!