This is quite a lovely secluded hotel with an excellent chef.
We had certain quibbles (they need to update the information for guests - there are no bikes available as promised/ the hairdryer did not work and they failed to replace it/ there was no shoe cleaning material though promised). However, these things do not really matter. What really matters is the lovely smile from every member of staff who greets you and the superb standard of the cuisine.
The room was comfortable with good bed linen (though the bedside alarm did go off at midnight which made for a poor night's sleep). It is very quiet.
The standard of the hotel could easily be raised from very good to excellent to match the standard of their chef.
We would certainly return.
- Also Known As:
- Pen y Dyffryn Country Hotel
- Pen-y-Dyffryn Country Hotel Oswestry, Shropshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Midway between Shrewsbury and Chester this beautiful silver-stone Georgian rectory is set in stunning hill scenery. In five acres of grounds, the Hotel offers unobtrusive hospitality, first-class food and an easy-going atmosphere guaranteeing that "away-from-it-all" feeling. Some bedrooms have private patios others have spa baths. Good Hotel Guide Country Hotel of the Year and Johansens Best Value Award. Two AA Food Rosettes. Great walking from the front door &€“ close Powis Castle and Erdigg (N.T.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B and Priceline so you can book your Pen-y-Dyffryn Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.