“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hope's Edge Bed and Breakfast

Hope's Edge Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Much Wenlock
Hope's Edge Bed and Breakfast
Stretton Road, Presthope, Much Wenlock TF13 6DQ, England   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Much Wenlock B&B and Inns
UK
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had hoped for better things given the very high rating by previous visitors. We were half an hour earlier than our stated ETA and our room was not ready, so we had to sit in the car and wait since there is no communal area. The bedroom was fine - large and well equipped, and everything was clean and well kept. We had no key for our room and in the morning were disturbed by someone who was looking for a local car park and wandered into our room thinking we were the owner. Breakfast was served in the room and had to be chosen from a menu the previous night. The cooked breakfast was excellent but there was no fruit juice or fresh fruit. Our chosen item of tinned fruit was not available. The price is reasonable and it's OK if you just want somewhere to put your head down, but it does not provide what you want if you are looking for a nice B&B experience as part of an away weekend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Emilienne W, Owner at Hope's Edge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hello aandeuk,

I would just like to say thank you for giving an honest and accurate review.
Many apologies, I am mortified that you didn't enjoy your stay at Hope's Edge.
To be fair you were half an hour early. Also my website does not mention a reception area or dining area. I believe that you weren't waiting in your car for more than five minutes.
My website does mention that breakfast is in your room.
My apologies about you not having a key, unfortunately the Gentleman previously in your room took it home with him by accident. He has now returned it.
Also it is not actually my fault that somebody disturbed you in the morning looking for a car park.
I can only apologise for that intrusion.
I apologise that I was out of tinned prunes but actually fruit juice was available.
I live 12 miles from the nearest supermarket and I am alone. Most Bed and Breakfast have a couple running it, many many apologies, admittedly on this occasion I was still cleaning up after Guests which is why I had no time to shop.
My service towards you could have been a lot better. I put my hands up, I was totally stressed out, exhausted from working 12-16 hour days, seven days a week. (no I'm not exaggerating) Not your problem I realise.
Personal problems and ill health have been overwhelming which I will explain to you further in an email. The long and short of it is I quite simply have not been coping. I am not a good actress, so smiling sweetly when I'm dying inside does not come easy to me. I can't apologise enough, I remember that day well. Please do not take my bad hosting on that day personally.
I offer you another nights Bed and Breakfast for free and hope that you will give me another chance to show you that it is very possible to enjoy a stay at Hope's Edge.
Also I hope that you will forgive my very honest response and I wish you many happy holidays in the future.

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Haddenham UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were very disappointed in our stay. The property is bleakly situated at the edge of an old quarry. There is no dining room or lounge for guests.. We had to eat at a very small table in the bedroom. Breakfast was economical and skimpy. Some standard items on the menu were 'not available'. The en suite bathroom smelt extremely damp and this smell extended into the bedroom. We cannot understand the enthusiastic reviews from previous guests.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Shrewsbuy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Due to heavy snow fall, I had to pull in to spend two nights at Hope's Edge.
I was met with a warm welcome and a hot coffee. I found Mimi an excellent hostess, she was very thoughtful and accommodation. Nothing was too much trouble. The quality and cleanliness of the rooms was of a high standard and lovely and warm. The facilities were modern, I loved the multifunctional power shower.
I appreciated the comfy gown and slippers as I hadn't planned to be staying anywhere.
I would recommend staying here to anyone.

Room Tip: Both Silver and Gold rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We went to Hope's Edge for 2nights and really enjoyed our stay. The room was very large, clean and tidy and the decor was a lovely touch. The price was a bargain at £49 per night, as I've stayed at much (much) worse places for a lot more expense. The service was very friendly and welcoming. I would definitely recommend a stay here to anyone. Thank you for a great stay :)

• Stayed October 2012
Grimsby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stay one night having travelled from Grimsby to attend the funeral of a friend in Shrewsbury. On our arrival we were warmly greeted by 'Mimi. We were very impressed with the high standard of the accommodation and the excellent breakfast. The location of Hope's Edge is ideal if you are staying to explore the area. We wil certainly stay again .

Peter.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were planning to stay in Shrewsbury but thought we would give Hope's Edge a try, which turned out to be a very good choice. Marvelous breakfast, excellent room and en-suite, and a perfect host in Mimi.
Tony & Margaret, Manchester.

Room Tip: Ask Mimi - she is superbly helpful
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tonbridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Booked quite by chance by Laterooms.com as previous hotel (Affcot Lodge,Church Stretton)was in fact fully booked in spite of the Hotel confirming there was a room available.
It turned out to be a good result as on arrival the Mimi, the owner, greeted me like one of the family and showed me a comfortable room that had all you could need.
She couldnt do enough to make my stay very pleasant as nothing was too much trouble for her. She does incredibly well running the place on her own and deserves every success for the future. The location is very well situated in a lovely part of Shropshire with plenty of attractions and eating places within a short drive.

Room Tip: Parking is always important so best to ask first
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hope's Edge Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!