“For the big kid in you!” 4 of 5 stars

01588 673800
Website
Improve this listing
7 attraction reviews
“For the big kid in you!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

It was a big of a drive out from where we were to here, so we were hoping for something worth while. When we got there, we were a little worried. It's a manky looking barn, with a dirt and stones car park, down a tiny country road. But inside it looks like a play barn is supposed to, which wad a relief. We were given a quick briefing, a locker key (for handbags), and off we went.
You have to pay for everyone, so if you're a sit and watch parent, go somewhere else. It was £4.50 per person when we went, so I was going in with my son whatever happened. Everything is geared up for adults to be on it. Rope bridges are that bit thicker, the spaces over and under things seemed a little wider. There's a wave slide, that you need mats for, that is amazing. But no doubt what you're wondering about is the demon drop slide. It is evil! I looked over the edge and couldn't do it. Seriously, it is a vertical drop, it's like sitting on a window ledge and simply falling off, bleurgh. My 10yo went on it (they have no fear at the age. Fools!), and banged his elbow and the back of his head. I've no doubt that ultimately it's safe, but it's only for the brave and co-ordinated. To be fair though, there is a member of staff on it at all times, so mostly it should go ok.
The staff were all pleasant enough, with only a few tannoy reminders not to run. I didn't go in the toilets, but my son didn't complain about them, so I presume they were ok. You aren't supposed to take outside food and drink, so take money because you'll get thirsty from all the running around.

Marton, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Mickey Miller's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Took my two grandchildren here a while ago and they had a ball. It was good to be able to join the kids on the big slide but knew they would have been safe without me as I felt the staff were well organised. There was very reasonably priced food and drink too. A good session had by all. I must admit I felt it would be better for parents or guardians to be able to enter free as there is little they can do and there would still be enough children to make the venue viable. Good place to visit though.

Visited September 2011
Llanfyllin
“Fun and friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

As a regular visitor to Mickey Miller's I've been shocked to read some of the reviews on here - dirty toilets and power-crazed staff? I think those reviewers must be mad! Toilets are always immaculate, food is freshly prepared and delicious and the staff couldn't be lovelier! Power mad? I don't think so! Parents should play more with their kids instead of viewing the barn as somewhere to "dump" them - get on the equipment, you might have fun and you won't mind paying the very reasonable entry fee!

Visited July 2012
Bishops Castle, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“What fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I was slightly concerned after reading some to the reviews that Mickey Millers had gone down hill but i must disagree with the negative comments on trip advisor as we all had a ball at the weekend.
The toilets were clean and well stocked with toilet roll (which can be an issue at some places) the slides, balls etc were fun fun fun and the food as before was fab and very reasonably priced, the staff were happy and helpful, if you want to play with the children you can if you want to watch them or read a book you can what more can you ask for!

Visited July 2012
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Great for all the family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We love this venue. The staff are friendly and accommodating and we use it for lots of our junior social events for our martial arts school as well as family days out. Great food, great play area!

Visited April 2012