A thick slice of toasted home made granary bread topped with herby mushrooms and two perfectly poached eggs – delicious! This is just one of the cooked options on offer for breakfast at Hopton House. Of course if you prefer a more traditional dish the full English is quite superb. The orange juice is freshly squeezed and the gorgeous breads and marmalade home made. If you enjoy cereals there’s a full range but we couldn’t resist the lightly poached rhubarb with ginger, the fat blueberries and I topped mine with fruit yoghurt. You get to toast your bread as and when you like it and there was always some other baked goods such as rhubarb and orange muffins or spicy fruit buns on offer – home made of course. If this isn’t good enough you have a table for two with a fabulous view of the garden and surrounding countryside – the garden is a haven for the birds. The hens strut their stuff around the garden and of course they provide the eggs with big yellow yolks for your breakfast.
We stayed 4 nights in the Paddock room - its very light and airy with patio doors to one side leading onto your own balcony. There’s a huge window on another wall again with gorgeous views of the countryside. The bed is huge and comfy. We loved the spacious bathroom with its large walk-in shower - there’s a rain shower option if you prefer it. The bath is huge and double ended and everywhere is spotlessly clean. Toiletries are provided and plenty of towels including flannels.
You get home made cake and shortbread biscuits, bottled water and other little extras in your room - all very nice. The weather was nice for our stay and we enjoyed sitting on our balcony (seat pads and table-cloth supplied) with a glass of wine which we chilled in our silent fridge where you will find your fresh milk for your drinks.
In a nutshell Karen Thorne the excellent owner of Hopton House has thought of just about everything that one could wish for in a B&B. It’s fabulous as 100 people before me have already recorded so look no further – book now you won’t be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly luxury B&B nestled in the Shropshire Hills near Ludlow. With sumptuous breakfasts; the full Shropshire with Ludlow sausage of course but also an extensive special menu with lots of vegetarian options. Enjoy watching the birds and our stunning views from your room with a cup of tea or fresh brewed coffee & a piece of homemade cake. This is the ideal getaway from it all relaxing B&B. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B and Priceline so you can book your Hopton House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hopton House Hotel Craven Arms
- Hopton House b&b
- Hopton House Bed And Breakfast Craven Arms, Shropshire