“Bonkers and marvellous” 5 of 5 stars

Ledbury, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“Bonkers and marvellous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Nostalgia IS what it used to be - re-live your lost youth. Marvellous - and a little scary venturing into dark rooms while the light sensor comes on and there, right before your very eyes, all those details that you'd forgotten from your past. Information overload. One visit not enough...

Visited October 2012

Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Hidden treasure in a charming town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was my second visit, as I wanted to take my husband who hadn't been - and we'll definitely be going again. There is just so much to see, and anything less museum-like would be hard to imagine. Lots of stuff from our own childhoods, of course, and lots of things that we had completely forgotten about but recognised with delight. And so many things from before our time, too, but which our parents would remember. Something unusual in a building of this type is the stairlift - bearing in mind that this a nostalgia-based attraction, I think it's great that all three floors are accessible to the less mobile. And there is a good cafe for the break you will almost certainly need to take when exploring all those rooms full of things. I don't think it's possible to take everything in in a single visit; and it wouldn't do for young children, as you need to take your time and browse. Actually we found it hard to get past the entrance, there is so much to see. We were made very welcome and the owner is always happy to chat with you ablout the collection. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2012
Rugby, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Nostalgia for all ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My parents (in their early 70s) had just read an article about this place in a recent Saga magazine and were keen to visit. I am in my late 40s and staying with them on holiday so drove up the A49 to Craven Arms and visited the place together.
Met a couple coming out - "You could spend hours in there!"
Indeed, we spent a good 15 minutes in the entrance lobby before we'd even paid the entrance fee!
Parents wallowed in nostalgia for the post war years, of course. I was taken back to my 1970s childhood too - 'Mousetrap' - what an iconic board game for those of my generation!
A relatively recent memory was a 'closing down' poster for Woolworth's. Such recent history - but already nostalgia!
Allow at least two hours for a visit.
We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and can strongly recommend pulling off the A49 for a visit - free parking too!

Visited September 2012
west midlands
“brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I and my husband where blown away by this place . spent all morning just browsing .how far have we gone in all ways .what a journey into the past .\thank goodness there are people like the owners who have taken the time to collect a poece of our past. Also a wonderful lunsh in there tea rooms 5 *

Visited August 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
40 attraction reviews
“Stuff. Everywhere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Just off the a49, parking on a residential street, you enter the front door to be immediately surrounded by stuff. Everywhere.

It's above you, below you, to your right, your left and everywhere in-between.

There is a charge for entry but it's reasonable, with concessions. The rooms are themed to different eras, with a path to navigate through the collections.

After a few rooms, you come across a little cafe - soft drinks, tea, cakes etc.

Possible to get lost in this museum - object after object to remember, discover and admire.