“wow!!!” 5 of 5 stars

chester le street
13 attraction reviews
“wow!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We visited at the end of September. The welcome was terrific, the tour was informative and fun. Our guide was thoroughly entertaining. The tasting of different beers was enlightenening. This is a must do visit.

Birmingham
“wychwood Brewery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

absolutely wonderful experience, tasters were of all types of ales also ones you may not have tried before, you get to know how they make the light ales and the dark ones and why there is a difference also the information amazing. they give you a half pint wychwood glass to take home and you get to visit their own shop with option to purchase something. My dislike was only the taste of some of the hops but that is my only dislike. otherwise a fab experience thanks to my partner

Visited July 2012
Hitchin, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Brewery Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Brilliant ! Would highly recommend. Even if you do not drink you will find this tour informative and interesting. I got this as a present for my partner and I really enjoyed it obviously not as much as him !

Leeds, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
“Out of the way but worth the visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Took a bit of finding but was reliably informed that they didn't want the "lagerboys" finding where they were. My partner and his friends are great fans of this brewery so it was worth the visit to the shop to stock up on items not easily available elsewhere. Definitely worth a visit by true beer fans.

UK
“Brilliant tour.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My wife bought us tickets for the tour as a birthday present as I'm a long time Hobgoblin fan.

The Wychwood brewery isn't particularly big, but it is old and full of character. It also has all of the charm and humour of the various Wychwood beer characters.
Our tour guide was Chris and he was very entertaining and informative about the brewing process, the company, and history of the brewery. As well as having a lot of knowledge of the beers produced by Wychwood and Brakspeare.

I think the website info states that the tour lasts for 45 mins, but between the tour and the tastings (which took place in a great little bar area beneath the brewery shop) we were in there for around 1hr 50 mins. Which was excellent value for the price.

We got to try the majority of the various Wychwood beers and it was a thoroughly enjoyable way to spend an afternoon.

Visited August 2012