“Very impressed, nice service but overall been to better 4* hotels” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Oxford Belfry

You added The Oxford Belfry to your Saves list
The Oxford Belfry
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   London Road, Milton Common OX9 2JW, England   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Milton Common
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Very impressed, nice service but overall been to better 4* hotels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Just came back after booking a deal with the wife for a 2 night break with spa treatments for both.

Booked via central reservation and they managed to beat the prices I was getting from the Spa deal comparision sites which I was impressed about. The agent went even further and managed to give me a pretty decent superior suite which was called 'St John' Suite'. The room was excellent, it had a large shower with a jacuzzi style bath with a toilet and another seperate toilet with seating space and a large bed, had a few basics as well but didnt have as much as I would expect from a 4* but still excellent and was pleased.

We had dinner from the bar menu on the 2nd night and my wife not being a fancy eater me and her were both happy with our food. Mine was a piri piri chicken salad and my wife had a vegetarian burger. The beer on tap was fine as well. We had breakfast for both nights and this was ok, had a mixture of hot and cold breakfast. nothing special but did the job.

The spa treatment was ok but was disappointed tbh and have had better before for around the same price. We both had one of the Qhotel signature ritual Spa treatments which should have lasted about 50 mins but mine was only 35 mins and my wifes was around 40 mins with the consultation only being a few minutes to fill out some forms.

Overall had an excellent 2 night trip and was close to motorway links which was useful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Julian W, General Manager at The Oxford Belfry, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear isotonicuk,
Thank you for your comments; I'm delighted that you enjoyed your spa break with us. As you mention, these are excellent value, and, we find, are becoming more and more popular given what's included in the packages. It's always worth calling the QHotels central reservations team to chat through the best offers and get the most from your stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Julian White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Very disappointed today as came for spa day for my friend's treat and could 't use swimming pool as class of toddlers then babies class came for quiet time which we didn't get ! Also changing room was littered with dirty nappies on bench and floor

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kezia D,
I'm sorry to read that you were disappointed with the visit to the spa; thank you for your review. We have children's swim times in the morning and afternoon, but around these times the pool is child-free, so I would perhaps advise that if you prefer not to have children around, you plan your visit around these times. You don't mention your spa treatments, so I hope that you enjoyed these in our tranquil and relaxing spa treatment rooms.
Princes Risborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This hotel looks beautiful and you could not fault my daughters room. Staff very friendly in restaurant but the food was very disappointing and the pasta dish was so overlooked we left most of it. Would use spa and stay in rooms but will not be eating here again. Shame restaurant let this lovely venue down.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Julian W, General Manager at The Oxford Belfry, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Sue S,
Thank you for your review; I'm sorry to read that you felt that the food let us down. We usually receive mainly positive comments regarding our food, but will always strive to resolve any issues there may be at the time, as constructive feed back helps us improve. I hope that you were able to speak with the Restaurant or Duty Manager to discuss your concerns.
Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at this hotel a number of times and have to say its has never let me down. The staff are brilliant, always welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. Excellent gym and swimming facilities, relaxing atmosphere with lots of places around the hotel in which to sit and chill out/read/talk etc. food fab and very comprehensive wine list. Lots of parking and good access to Oxford centre or to London. It even has a resident taxi company!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Medialane,
Fantastic comments; thank you so much and I'm delighted that you keep coming back to us! Have a great Christmas and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night on Friday with booking the Friday feeling package. I wasn't sure what to expect for £99 with 1 night stay, 3 course meal for 2, full breakfast for 2 and use of the facilities in the hotel but I was pleasantly surprised. I booked it for a treat for my Boyfriends birthday and it was a perfect stay. The room was on the top floor and was a funky style, kind of like a loft conversion with plenty of room and a big bed! The only down side to the stay would of been better if there were a few more lights in the room. The food was delicious, 3 course meal from a set menu but with enough choice! Drinks were not included but this was expected anyway but was very happy with all the food. In the morning we used the pool, sauna and steam room which were all great. Then had breakfast which was amazing! Everything you could want in a breakfast was there for you to choose from! Overall we both had a very enjoyable stay and was easily and happily book to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Stephanie B,
Thank you for your great comments; I'm delighted that your boyfriend's birthday treat was enjoyed by you both and we hope to welcome you back again soon! Have a great Christmas and New Year.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was the first time staying here and as I use hotels 3 - 4 nights a week I expected a good standard, well I was let down! The shower didn't work, the room was unclean and the service in the restaurant was poor, I felt that the hotel was dated and needed an overhaul.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear gcdawes,
I'm sorry to read that your experience didn't match that of many of our other guests. Thank you for your comments and I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to impress you in the future; please do contact me directly if so.
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stayed a couple of nights while working in Oxford, My hotel room was lovely, spacious, clean and very pleasant. The Staff were so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. My room was quite far away from reception (which was no trouble) but I asked reception about my colleagues room who had not arrived yet as she has a disability, the receptionist realised her room was also quite far away so upgraded her to a better room and closer. The breakfast was great, nice selection and good quality. the evening meals in the bar were ok for bar meals.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear redwoodpc,
Thank you for your comments; I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed a successful stay with us. We hope to be able to welcome you back again next time you're in the area for business.
Julian White

Been to The Oxford Belfry? Share your experiences!