“Great food, beer and bed!” 4 of 5 stars

The King's Head Inn
4.0 of 5 Inn   |   The Green, Bledington OX7 6XQ , England   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Bledington B&B and Inns
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great food, beer and bed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

Just home from a couple of nights at the Kings Head Inn, we found the staff very welcoming and hospitable, and our courtyard room was clean and comfortable with a very comfy bed and lovely linen. The food was great - our evening meal in the bar was one of the tastiest and best value pub meals I have had in ages. We found the pub in the 'Good Beer Guide' and were not disappointed by the beer either - 4 real ales on tap, all of them local and the bar staff were happy to offer a taste to help us decide. Would definately return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

I decided to stay at the Kings Head after I found their special offer on their website, what luck, I'm glad i browsed for the detail. The room was peaceful after deciding to stay on the extended building to the side of the pub. The staff were friendly and and service was always of high quality. Its location in the heart of the Cotswold's is to die for and I cant wait to come back.

Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

My Partner and i decided to try a samll tour of the Cotswolds, and found a delight in the Kings Head the sunday roast was a joy. With my pint of real ale which is obviuosly very well kept, and a good dinner with great service from the Kings Head staff we were overjoyed to see the famous Bledington ducks were by the brook which runs through the village. A great day out!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Stafford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

I booked a meal in the bar area for my husband and I with our two dogs. Whilst my food was nice my husbands beef was rare - not everyone likes meat bloody! to add insult it's was fatty and stringy! We told staff and they replaced but it but by the time it came back I had finished my meal, my husband had to ask for a knife and fork to eat his replacement meal with. Staff pleasant enough but need to be more welcoming especially upon reception - the girl just looked at me?........ What happened to meet n greet? I've had better welcome in a fast food chain or local chip shop!!! Think they have become complacent - it is not a dog friendly hotel either now as we did enquire about room rates and was told "no sorry our rooms have been carpeted now so no dogs allowed"

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

Friendly staff. Meals were excellent. Comfortable room. Great value for the money. Will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Ticehurst, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

We have stayed at The King's Head every January bar one for the past 10 years. (We once ventured dissapointingly to a a local alternative).
We believe it to be the best PUB/INN that we know and we speak as frequent travellers who dine in top restaurants on a regular basis and stay in 5* accomodation o'seas.

The ambience and feel of the pub is just right, allied to a wondrous setting on a quiet green in a small, tranquil village. Absolute picture perfect. But location is not all, the main bar is superb - excellently kept beers, interesting wines and a massive inglenook fireplace,( the smaller bar has a wood burner). The food is excellent with "real" meat and daily fresh fish available. The courtyard rooms are well designed, and decorated and provide a comfortable quiet night's sleep. Those not used to" country winters" ought to find the double radiators sufficient - though an additional electric rad is supplied too.

We find the service to be spot on - friendly and attentive, without being invasive and the owner Archie is a rightly popular local figure. As indicated, we have atayed all over the place and we find this our Number 1 !

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

We have eaten at The Kings Head many times and always had a lovely meal but we were there for Sunday Lunch recently and we were very dissapointed firstly with the service I do not want to go for lunch and order my food and drink at the bar when paying that amount of money and having to keep getting up from the table, and the food was very poor also, the reason we have gone there in the past was for the qaulity of the food and the service, obviously NOT ON A SUNDAY so a first and last visit on a Sunday.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to The King's Head Inn? Share your experiences!