“Avoid” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ardley
A TripAdvisor Member
“Avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Dingy & Scruffy are two words that spring to mind, avoid, even as a last resort think again and travel that extra distance for an alternative or you will regret it.The bathrooms are in need of a refurbishment as are the corridors and lighting, cobwebs looked like an Adams Family fitting

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I think that this was the first time I had stayed in a Travelodge and based on my experience here it will NOT be the last. Despite arriving late I received a warm welcome, was given my room key and on entering my room found a modern, clean, well-equipped room with one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. All the amenities you need are just next door in the Motorway Service Area. Excellent!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I had two rooms booked for me and my family, this was to help break down a long journey. We arrived to helpful and friendly staff and the free parking was a great help. The rooms were fine and they had enough clean towels in each room. The room to which I stayed in was clean and comfortable for the price I paid. My only problem was when we walked into the room it was so cold we had to turn the heating up and go out for a few hours so the room could heat up: there was no way we good stay in there until it got warm. The location of the room was bottom floor and there was no environmental sounds to disturb us, which I did have a concern about prior to booking. The only noise was the upstairs occupant, they sounded as though they were going to come through the ceiling at some point or other. The second room was cold but not as bad as my one, the room was clean apart form the linen which had a few stains and the lamp shade had marks, my daughter told me "looks as though someone has used it to blow their nose on", when on looking she had a good point, did not look very nice. Sleep was OK and the price was good,however if the price was any higher it would not have been worth the money. This hotel is in a great location for Oxford and Bicester Village. Also being on a services there are places to eat but we found a place which the reception staff use that is less than 2 minutes away, the food was good and the price was cheaper than eating from the services.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

it broke the journey with warm room, hot water, and big towels , thank you
will defo me back to have another nice evening, free parking is always good the evening staff were very happy and polite well done

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for one night and although it is located at a services once you are in your room you wouldn't know it as the soundproofing was amazing! There are eateries next door so no need to take the car out again if you don't want to! The room was spotless and comfortable and good for money. Would recommend!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Lowestoft, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

room was clean and warm, bed comfy, only very hard plastic chair to sit on, not good for your back, no glasses to drink from only flimsy plastic beakers that were so thin they were useless. can hear other guests coming in during the night/early morning, do not eat at the motorway café unless you are literally starving, £1.29 for a packet of crisps at one of the outlets and main restaurant was awful, food cold, tasteless and expensive, rip off motorway services again, do not use.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Martorell, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

We stayed here over night as a stop of bettween Gatwick airport and Telford with my wife and our 11 months old daughter. Due to delays with our flight we did not arrive at the hotel until half past one in the morning.

I phoned up the hotel a few days prior to arriving to get a travel cot put in the room and the chap on the phone said that this would be sorted. However when we arrived we only had a matress on the floor and no travel cot. So I went down stairs to get a travel cot. I was given the travel cot that I has to carry upstairs and set up, I was not given any sheets but I took them off of the spare bed.

The room was very cold but so I turned up the heating that worked fine. The shower did not really work it never kept a constant temperature it kept going from very hot to very cold.

On the whole the positvies were:

The rooms was clean
The price was cheap
It is in a good location
The staff member was friendly

The negatives were:

No travel cot in the room
The room was cold when we entered
The shower did not work

However for only one night to break up a journey I would come back.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Bicester Cherwell Valley M40? Share your experiences!