“Good Travelodge.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ardley
Durham, United Kingdom
“Good Travelodge.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Spent three nights at Travelodge Bicester. Very Clean and comfortable.Situated at a Service Station, but very little noise.If you don't like service station food, you have to go to Bicester.(about 10 minutes in car.) Riverside walk at the back of Travelodge.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel which was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Taunton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Maybe we have become too accustomed to the amazing service of Premier Inns or maybe this is just a rotten apple in their portfolio, whichever, stay here at your peril.
The noise from slamming fire doors (are fire doors supposed to slam shut) which resulted in actual bedroom doors shaking as though not locked all through night. I don't expect everyone to be tucked up in bed by 9pm - indeed we were returning gone 11pm - but I do expect a level of soundproofing in something purpose built as a hotel. We were unfortunately booked in for 2 nights and I swear I had more sleep when my daughter was on 2-hourly night feeds. Then this morning at some unearthly hour the laundry men arrived hollering up and down the hall wheeling crates of laundry crashing into walks/doors and coughing loudly. After what seemed forever, at 8.20 I finally got up and went to the door to ask if they could keep the noise down. Bearing in mind we hadn't slept well 2 nights running and had spent our days at Jamie's Feastival so were exhausted this seemed a reasonable request. We had standard check out so weren't due to vacate the room until 12 noon. I was told by laundry man it was 'gone 8 so you should be up anyway' and they needed to get the laundry in. Another younger man stayed quiet whilst the third pulled faces at me and made unpleasant comments.
Very annoyed on ringing central reservations to find out through automated service that I had to put complaint in writing via website, the young girl on reception laughed and called me 'love' as I tried to explain situation and thrice left me stood waiting mid complaint to answer phone, issue keys, answer another query.

So:
Comfort - zero
Customer service - zero
Complaint resolution - zero
Value for money - zero

Oh and room stank of disinfectant on arrival - get the impression previous guest had thrown up and it was to mask odours.

bournemouth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

Pre-booked 2 nights for myself and a friend visiting from Germany. The reception staff were all friendly and helpful and the beds were clean and comfortable. However the same could not be said for the bathroom. The bath had what looked like a very large sticker had been removed from the bottom of it which would have easily been removed with some jif and a scourer. Consequently we didn't use it. Plus the taps could have done with a dose of limescale remover.
Also there was a pile of dust behind the bathroom door and the carpets were quite badly stained in the corridor and on the stairs.
The room smelt of stale smoke (even to a smoker) but we realised that this probably came in from outside since our room was right above the main door which was also the smoking area. We had to keep the window open all night for some air and unfortunately 2 guys were 'camping' in their van in the car park and played the radio loud for most of the night as well as shouting out comments to passing females.
The room was cheap so I guess you get what you pay for but it was embarrasing to bring a visitor here from another country!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this traveloge twice, and we found it ideal for visiting the local area. We have never found it a problem, its got a nice greggs what more could you ask for? Nice designer shopping village at bicester 7/8miles down the road. I would use this travelodge again.
Thankyou

• Stayed June 2014
Portsmouth,England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Well,what can I say. For many years I have been staying in Travelodges all over the country and have to say most left a lot to be desired. I really hope that this particular lodge is not a one off. Clean.freshly decorated room. Very comfortable bed and a bright, spotless, functional bathroom. Exactly at it should be and long may it continue. As an add on this site is ideal for visiting Oxford. Just a short drive to the very efficient P&R and within no time you are in the centre of the city.

Fareham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Stayed 2 nights and were expecting old style rooms and poor beds but we were pleasantly surprised to find the rooms had been upgraded v recently and the rooms were spacious and the beds were excellent. Bathrooms still looking a little tired but they were functional and the shower was spot on. Staff v helpful and provided thin pillow rather than the mountainous ones we found in the room.
Overall a good stay and well worth the money

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are probably best we stayed on ground floor and the ceiling/ floor was quite creaky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I've always loved this travel lodge having stayed there several times as a half way point or for the Silverstone gp. I have never had a bad word to say about it. Great value, clean etc. However this time on first look at our room we were yet again impressed, that was until we went into the bathroom. The first thing I noticed were the 'splash' marks behind the toilet that had no attempt mage I then top clean them. Then the bath. That was beyond belief. And I don't mean a little dirty, or a bit missed during cleaning. I mean would need an actual scouring sponge to even scrape off the soap scum that was built up on the bath. Including the hair that was left in there. It was pretty revolting. There was no one about on reception the next morning at check out to complain to either. I'm staying there again for 4 nights in a few days for the gp I really hope that I don't have that room again or one that has different cleaners.

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Travelodge Bicester Cherwell Valley M40? Share your experiences!