“Very Good” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
lincolnshire
“Very Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had an executive room and found it spacious and comfortable with a reasonably sized t.v. The bathroom had a shower and a bath. All the staff very helpful and friendly. Good choice of breakfasts. Just missed the car parking sign round the backk when we first went in as we were so busy looking for the car park!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Street, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Obviously recently and tastefully totally refurbished throughoiut.
Town centre location not a problem with adequate hotel and public parking. Saturday night stay, no city centre problems.
Room excellent, food in restaurant very good and well presented.
We stayed on a pre-paid DB&B basis and it was extremely good value - the dinner was own choice from the full menu.
All staff very keen to be of assistance.
The only criticism we had was no availability of any nuts or other nibbles - paid for or provided - whilst ordering dinner over pre-dinner drinks. Only thing they could offer was a bag of crisps emptied into a bowl - and cahrgeable (!).

Room Tip: Pre pay the DB&B rate if you can - excellent value!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night mid week for business.

The welcome was excellent. Room was a good size very clean and nicely appointed. Fan, trouser press, kettle, phone, flat screen tv with freeview and sky sports. Comfy bed. Good power shower above the bath.

Breakfast served in their very comfortable and stylish dining room. Excellent quality. Car parking available and near to centre of worksop.

Excellent stay. Good value. Will definately return.

• Stayed October 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have just returned from three weeks at the best western lion hotel and felt the need to post a review for the first time. The hotel could not have been more accommodating, the staff were friendly but professional throughout my visit and nothing was too much trouble for them. As I was there for three weeks with work i found that I had tried most of the dishes off the two menus so the kitchen were more than happy to make alternative dishes for me as long as I let them know the night before, there are not many hotels that would do this for you. They even ordered in my favourite desperados on the bar for me after a passing conversation with Dorian the friendly bar man.

All the staff were friendly and professional and were happy to stop what they were doing to chat with me and make suggestions of things to do in the local area. They always greeted me with my name which made me feel welcome and listened to how my day had been compare to the hollow questions you can sometimes be asked in hotels where you know that your response is not being listened too.

I left the hotel on Friday to found fair well from Lucy in breakfast who greets you with a warm smile in the morning and wishes of a safe journey from Jaye and Abi on reception with a Crunchy that are available for free on reception as I was informed to help bring on that 'Friday Feeling'.

I felt compelled after such a great stay to come on here and pass on my thoughts of the hotel. I was somewhat surprised when i logged in to see the previous review posted about the hotel as I experienced none of this and I stayed at the hotel during the same time period so not sure which hotel they staying in but does not sound like the same one that I was in, thats for sure. I was even late down for breakfast on Wednesday and although the breakfast room was closed I still received a full cooked breakfast in the cosy front bar with Emma even asking if she could bring anything from the continental buffet for me.

I am back in Worksop again in November and I am actually looking forward to returning to the hotel.

Room Tip: there is no gym at the hotel but you can use a local gym just down the road which has good opening h...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Just finishing off staying the week here on a study course, very clean, courteous staff, nice room. Good facilities. Tray charge for room service is my only quibble. Oh and make sure you turn the radiator off as the room i had was very warm. Bar, breakfast and everything else no complaints. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed in the Best Western Lion Hotel last week while I was in Worksop on business. On first impressions the hotel seemed quite small and a little dated. However, there is a charm to this hotel which is transmitted by the excellent staff who are employed here. I was greeted by a friendly receptionist who informed me that I had been upgraded to an executive room free of charge. Also, the hotel rates were very reasonable which is a good thing when you travel frequently.

The room itself was quite large and there was an equally large bathroom. The room came with free wi-fi, which is a necessity these days but often hard to come by in hotels. My request for an iron was also met promptly.

The food in this hotel is very reasonably priced. There is a bar and also a restaurant – I ate in the bar and found the quality of the food to be good. Breakfast is also of good quality, with a selection of cereals, fruits, breads as well as hot food such as full English breakfast.

There is no gym in the hotel though which is a negative, however hotel residents have access to a nearby gym which is a five minute drive away. I did not try this gym during my stay.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in the area on business and would like to commend the staff for making my stay as pleasant as possible.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Fair play to the management, they've done a good job of configuring their offering for the business traveller. Desk, free in-room wifi, trouser press, mini-bar, etc. Everything you need for a business trip. A couple of minor quibbles, but really minor; my cooked breakfast had come straight of the microwave (I heard the ping of the oven) and the food was radioactively hot and lacked flavour. However, there was a wide variety of continental and fresh items on offer. The bed wasn't the most comfortable I've slept in. Otherwise, a pretty good showing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TinaPearson, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lion Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Scobefoto

as with all our reviews we really appreciate the time people take to let us have their feedback on their visit to the hotel.

It is really important to us to know when we've got it right, and unfortunately when we get it wrong. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly the majority of our guests during the week are business guests so its great to hear that this is reflected in what we offer.

I understand the comment about breakfast, but can assure you that the microwave isn't used but a machine called a Merry Chef which does indeed ping once the cooking time is reached. I am concerned about the cooked breakfast so i am looking in to this with the Head Chef, so really appreciate you mentioning it.

I do hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and once again thank you.

Kind Regards

Tina

Been to BEST WESTERN Lion Hotel? Share your experiences!