“Booked birthday,no ballons no reordmwe booked it” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Nottigham, null, United Kingdom
“Booked birthday,no ballons no reordmwe booked it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Six of us went
4 starters sent back cold inc one childs pizza
Mains two were sent back uncooked burgers terrible

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

43% Recommend
N E Derbyshire
“Birthday treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went for a spur of the moment birthday treat to Frankie & Benny's. Although we had to wait 25 mins for a table we had a very enjoyable time. The service was excellent and food hot and good value for money.
We enjoyed the atmosphere and our waitress was very attentive.

Visited January 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and dissapointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

As much as i love this chain, his one is a real let down. The staff appear friendly but unproffessional and inexperienced, the food is often either cold from sitting on the pass for wa to long (10 minutes last time, until we actually asked for our meal). I will say thoug that the meatball starter is very nice and if you end up going, i would suggest having this, but nothing else. Re-training needed.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chesterfield
“Good service, but food not so!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Went to this Frankie & Benny's as a result of subscribing to the local newspaper who sent us a £25 Voucher. This could only be used when purchasing meals from the "Main Menu". This was fair enough.

We were shown to a table and the waitress took our drinks order and we then chose from the "Main Menu". I chose the "Beer Battered Fish & Chips" and my wife chose a Cajun Chicken Salad. The food came after being 'freshly' cooked, for which we do not mind waiting for. However, my two small fillets of fish we totally overcooked. When the waitress asked if our meals were OK I said not really - my fish is well overdone, the batter was not as good as it could have been. She then arranged for another piece of fish to be cooked and brought it to me straightaway. This was a lot better than the first offering. ( I suspect the first fish fillets had been cooked and left under a heat lamp for a while before being plated.) Good service from the waitress....... For a dessert my wife chose the "Eton Mess" - this she said was 'OK' but there was no real fruit in it (as there should be ), so was a bit disappointed. I chose the "Chocolate Brownies" and asked the waitress if I could have custard with them instead of cream or ice cream shown on the menu. "No problem" - once again - good service. But when my dessert arrived there were three very small cubes of Chocolate Brownie with some chocolate sprinkles on the plate . For the price (£4.95) this dessert was a ' rip-off' I was very disappointed with it. What was there was tasty, but the portion size was miniscule!

The total bill for this two course quite average meal was £36 (which included a drink of J2O and an apple juice). Thankfully we had our £25 voucher which reduced what we had to pay to £11.

I was certainly glad that I was not paying the full price!! What we got for the money was very poor value. The place itself was very nice, clean with some good background music and the staff were pleasant and gave good service. It was indeed a pity that the food was not up to the same standard. Looking through the Main Menu it would appear that "F&B" is very much over-priced!!

I don't think we shall be visiting any "Frankie & Benny's" again, unless they have a major rethink about their pricing and food quality (and portion sizes!).

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
notts
“would not go again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We had not been here before and were pleasantly surprised by how nice it is and were greeted straight away by a very pleasant young lady - nice start
My husband ordered the 8oz sirloin steak and it came with thin cut chips and a small amount of salad and a mushroom which for £16.95 we thought was pricey - hubby enjoyed it and said the steak was cooked just right but he thought the portion sizes were mean and could have eaten a lot more chips - they seemed to be very thin oven chips and not what I expected from a place like this as I expected fresh food not frozen
I had the all day breakfast £9.95 and both of my eggs had been broken when put on the plate so the yoke had dried on the plate,not good.I had a handful/very small portion of chips and a lot of them were the hard left over bits that I would not use at home.The bacon was OK but only one rasher and two sausages plus a very odd/unpleasant tasting mushroon which was not fresh but frozen,a small portion of baked beans and a slice of tomato
I would not go there again even at half the price although my husband said he would but only IF half the price.
I heard the people on the table behind and at the side of us complaining about the food so it wasn't just us

• Visited January 2013