“Very good indian” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Alfreton, United Kingdom
“Very good indian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I can say that the restaurant lived up to its reputation. If you want a very reasonable meal based on price, then the mint is for you.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

When entering the restaurant we were warmly welcomed and made to feel very well. Staff were on form and friendly. Lovely atmosphere.

Tried some of the specials from the menu and they were excellent, full of flavour and served in good time.

Overall we had a really nice evening as a family and will definitely be coming back!

“Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Not sure where to start:

I was expecting a nice laid back restaurant atmosphere, but it was extremely rowdy with many very drunk people in there.

The Starter was cold, it was busy and I was very hungry - So I ate it.

I had my fingers crossed for the main course!

I had a meal from the chefs specialities - it tasted like tomato sauce, with an onion cut into 4, with about 5 pieces of chicken. It was served in a white breakfast type bowl, that had dried curry sauce on the edges (like it had just come out of the microwave). When I complained it was cold, the waiter did nt look surprised nor did he apologise. He just passed it to someone else and asked them to warm it up. 2 minutes later it came back warmer. (I'm sure I could hear the microwave ping!)
On a positive note the naan bread was nice.
We complained to the waiter who apologised and said the kitchen could nt cope with a full restaurant and gave us the meal half price. it seemed even the manager was too busy to deal with the complaint as he was nowhere to be seen! The waiter was very apologetic but I was nt looking for a 'cheap' meal, I'm prepared to pay for a decent meal.
I don't feel like I got a bargain, I feel liked I wasted an opportunity to eat a nice meal!

I can't really say how disappointed we were with this restaurant. We d read the reviews and was expecting a lot more. I really doubt these reviews are all genuine.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“We keep coming back! Not much to fault & good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Fantastic food. Only problem is that it is sometimes a bit noisy and all in one big room. But lovely friendly staff and we keep coming back time and time again because it's the best indian in the area!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Just not good at all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Struggle to see how it has won awards, or get good reviews. Not even close to average. Went on a voucher, but even then it was too much for the quality of what we got. Distinctly unimpressed. So many better places to eat, can't imagine I'd think about going back.

• Visited July 2013