“What a fantastic, delicious dining experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 131 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Family run Thai Restaurant in the city centre of Mansfield. Plenty of car parks close by. Great tasting Thai dishes with a fully stocked licensed bar, famous Singha, Chang & Siam Gold Thai Beer together with an extensive wine menu. Lunchtime menu 2x courses for only £7.50For early diners they is a special 2 course option for only £9.95 available Mon - Thursday 5.30pm -7pmOpening Hours: Mon - Sat 12 noon - 2.30pm & 5.30pm - 11pm
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“What a fantastic, delicious dining experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Well where do I start? This restaurant, which is tucked away just on the outskirts of Mansfield town center is a gem. I visited with my husband in late September 2012, then again on his birthday on October 30th 2012. What we expected was a nice place to eat with good food, what we got was a wonderful restaurant with delicious food, very polite staff and a lovely feel. The staff are so lovely and helpful, you are taken to your table, menus and drinks lists are bought over straight away. You order your drinks, then your starter and main. When the food arrives, another fantastic dining experience begins, it's absolutely delicious. The soups are not just soups, but bowls of wonderful, fresh ingredients, flavored so well you wouldn't get much better without actually being in Thailand.

The first meal I had here was a red curry with duck, and wow, what a curry it was! The flavors explode in your mouth, and taste so fresh and alive. I am also a fan of their squid, which is cooked to perfection, none of this rubbery stuff some other places serve that tastes like eating a school eraser, this squid is cooked perfectly.

My husband had a green curry first time around, which he also found wonderful and commented straight away on how fresh it was, and how flavorsome it was.

On my husband's birthday, I had this wonderful duck breast dish with crispy noodles, and he had a clear curry.

When we visited on his birthday, we got another amazing surprise when we asked for the bill. They sung happy birthday to him and came to the table with this wonderful banana in a sesame batter and a little candle in in it!

The speed of service is absolutely astronomical, you order, and no more than 5 minutes later your meal arrives, piping hot and tasting like it has come straight from the fields and farms of Thailand.

Wow wow WOW this restaurant is a must visit for anyone looking for an upbeat but casual dining experience. If you want to experience the vibrant flavors of Thailand in the UK, please visit Blue Chilli, you will NOT be let down!

The prices are very reasonable, you pay for quality, and this kind of quality is well worth £40 for two people. I would recommend Blue Chilli to anyone who enjoys Oriental dining.

I would recommend booking a table before your visit, to guarantee yourself a very enjoyable experience.

The restaurant is beautifully decorated, they have Thai music on in the background, which really enhances the experience too, it's wonderful.

They also offer a take away from the one in Mansfield, although we have not tried it yet, we may well do in the future.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Nottinghamshire, England
“Take away from the Blue Chilli”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We recently had a take away from here for a family treat- accepting that putting it into containers etc is not ideal

I did not think we went mad but the total price was on the high side.
Disappointingly they forgot to include one of our items - of course you only find out when you get home and all the other food is rapidly going cold so it is not possible to go back.
The food was very tasty indeed - and this allows for the 4 stars.

Portions were not particularly generous - but they did add the usual prawn crackers which were very good

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mansfield, Notts
“You have to try it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

From the moment you step inside to the moment you leave nothing is too much trouble for the people here. Excellent food and as always and very reasonable prices...

Visited February 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We have been to Thailand and so we know what we like. the food at Blue Chilli is very good - authentic and interesting.
The salad could have been a bit crisper for my husband but both my teenage boys ate well and thoroughly enjoyed. My fish was very similar to what I had on the beach in Thailand so I was very happy!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We went for lunch and had the set menu plus 2 drinks each & it came to around £25 - which is excellent value for money! The food was delicious and the service was really good and friendly. We will definitely be going back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere