“A homely well run hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mansfield Lodge Hotel

You added Mansfield Lodge Hotel to your Saves list
Mansfield Lodge Hotel
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   27 Woodhouse Road, Mansfield NG18 2AF, England   |
Ranked #2 of 14 Mansfield B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A homely well run hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was working away and found this hotel on the web,it was a very comfortable and warm hotel,and didn't have any issues in the 4 nights I stayed here,I didn't dine in the hotel because there was plenty of establishments on the doorstep and I was meeting friends,but the breakfast was really nice and plentiful.
All in all a very good find and I recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Harrow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights while visiting friends in the area, I booked through booking.com, originally I was going to get a single bedroom but the price difference was only £6 per night so I opted for the double.
I was delayed in arriving and got there just as the reception was closing but I had phoned ahead and was told it wouldn't be a problem, and it wasn't. There was ample parking even though the hotel was full.
The room was a long way from the reception but was clearly sign posted, when we got there I was pleasantly surprised, it was spacious, plenty of cupboard space, drawers, cabinets and a double wardrobe, there was a table in the corner with 2 comfy chairs, the bed was nice and comfortable and everything was very clean, the bathroom was immaculate, the towels were good quality and everything worked, nothing was broken, the shower was nice and powerful, unlike some places you go to and all you get is a lil trickle, this was very good, there was even a built in hot air blower/hair dryer which started automatically when you lifted the nozzle out of the cradle:)
The room temperature was nice and comfortable, slightly on the warm side but nothing that having a window open wouldn't cure.
There was a nice guide in a leather bound folder with all the relevant information included, there was a flat screen TV on the wall and facilities for making hot drinks.
The staff are all very friendly and attentive, I woke up late on the first morning I was there and missed breakfast by about half an hour or so, I asked if I could grab a bowl or cereal and was told yes, of course, whilst I was eating a member of staff asked if I wanted some toast which I gratefully accepted, I was also offered a hot drink.
I returned to my room and it had been cleaned and the bed made while I was gone.
I went for a walk and the gardens well extremely well maintained, in the summer it will be lovely to sit outside.
I had dinner in the restaurant that night, it was very good and reasonably priced.
Next morning I woke up in time for breakfast and the quality was very good even if the portion was a lil on the small side but bearing in mind, there is also cereal, porridge, yoghurt, toast and fruit available to have in addition, it wasn't a major issue.
Check out time is 11am, which gave me plenty of time to have breakfast and get ready with out rushing or having to do it all the night before.
My only complaints are that breakfast finishes too early, the smoking area is right by the front door and wasn't nice having to walk through a wall of smoke when coming in and I left some things behind, and haven't been contacted.
So all in all, a very nice place to stay, well worth the money, very good value.

Room Tip: I would be quite happy to stay in the same room, being in the basement just means it's quieter...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights whilst attending a business course.
Excellent hotel for the price and the food was delicious, also at a good price.
I would recommend this hotel and I would stay again if in the area.

Paul

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Superb location, ample parking, great value for money, amazing showers, good service (cracking sandwiches) and yummy breakfast!! Close to town centre. Can't fault the place, we would certainly use again if in the area.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed here over a two week period on business - 6 nights in total. This is a really comfortable hotel. The rooms are spacious, warm and very comfortable - great shower in Room 2. The manager is a trained chef and produces a weekly menu - 2 courses for £12.00. The breakfast fruit salad is fantastic - strawberries and grapes. There is a very comfortable residents lounge which I was able to use to work in, in the evenings and the bar is welcoming and prices and drinks choices are very good. The food is plentiful and superbly cooked and presented. A little gem - this hotel! If I'm working in this area again I shall definitely stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

My colleagues and I have stayed a number of times now, mostly for work engagements, which took us to Mansfield. This family owned and run hotel is close to the town centre, walking distance in fact, the rooms are warm, clean and airy, and the food is superb. I highly recommend the pan fried chicken in pepper corn sauce, scrumptious. The staff are very polite and always helpful, despite us often making requests for additional items, like printing something out, or could we have more milk for our tea tray. Breakfast is included in the room prices and there is an eclectic choice of English, with or without the bits you may not like, as well as a continental spread, including fruit salad and juices. Always a pleasant stay and good value for money. - The Boys from TanZo-Go & TPS Rail

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

From the outside, having approached the hotel on a dull and dreary Feb evening, this doesnt look too welcoming, but it was better than i first feared. Smooth check in and a comfortable room with adequate free wifi. I ate there in the evening and although the menu selection was limited, i had excellent sausage, mash and peas...... In fact, i enjoyed the sausages so much, I ordered a sausage toastie for breakfast......sadly though, the breakfast sausages were not the same premium quality.

The big downside for me though was the bar. The beer selection was lousy. Fosters on draught or John Smiths in a can...... Needless to say, I didnt linger.

However, if working in the area and in need of comfortable basic accommodation at an affordable price, this could be the place for you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Mansfield Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!