“Great Food in a fine setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Forest Lodge Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Edwinstowe
The Forest Lodge Hotel
You added The Forest Lodge Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4, Church Street, Edwinstowe NG21 9QA, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Edwinstowe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great Food in a fine setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I live in edwinstowe so I am a regular visitor to the Forest Lodge and cannot praise it highly enough. It has a good choice of beers (5 real ales on tap) with Bombadier as the house beer and 4 guest ales changing each week.
As for the food you can get anything from a cheese sandwich in the bar to a fillet steak in the restaurant with daily and seasonal specials.
I would recommend this pub to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hartley Wintney, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Just returned from a four night stay.

Hotel is lovely, food is amazing and the staff a super friendly. Ideally located in walking distance of Sherwood.

Best place in Edwinstowe.

Can't wait to return next Easter.

Room Tip: We stayed in C4 and C5 in the courtyard. Great rooms with everything we needed.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed here recently for one night. We asked for a twin room, and they gave us a larger room, with a twin and a Queen bed. The room was very nicely decorated, clean and lots of hot water. The hallways and staircases are small and quirky, but the rooms are clean and quiet. Breakfast the next day was excellent, and everyone we encountered here were very pleasant and helpful.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed for one night with friends for a quite weekend. Deb made us so welcome. Great rooms, fabulous food and lots to do in the area. Highly recommended. The four poster bed in room 4 made it even more special.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We visited the Forest Lodge for a one night stay with friends, staying as two couples.
We had room 5, which we found to be beautifully decorated in white and teal, modern and clean. We appreciated the extra touches provided like the cafetiere for coffee and the hot chocolate. The management and staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay. We had a fantastic meal in the restaurant that evening, and found it to be of excellent quality, and served in a fabulous room. Breakfast the next morning was plentiful and of good quality. The hotel is well situated for the Sherwood Visitors Centre, which is in walking distance. We recommend this hotel and would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

To celebrate my 70th birthday,we had dinner for 20 people,including 7 children( the youngest aged 3) I am very pleased we chose this hotel. The choice and quality of food was excellent and the staff went out of their way to make our celebration the success it was.

Room Tip: We did not stay at the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Malaga, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have just come back from the Forest Lodge & as my title suggests, I am in rather a quandary as how best to write this review! I was here attending a wedding so family had the whole lodge booked. My room was number 1, the tv small, the door handle to the en-suite would come off in your hand & the shower was a mere trickle! My sons had room 7, beautifully decorated room with large bathroom, double & single bed & 32" plasma. My father was in the disabled room as he has false legs & found it difficult to move about the room & almost impossible to shower & my sister had the bridal suite, this seemed below par to the other rooms also. There was a set price for all rooms & this isn't reflected in the room standard! The staff were nice. The English Breakfast & Eggs Benedict seemed nice but I cannot say I was bowled over by the food, rooms or service!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
montauban, Owner at The Forest Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your review and, in addition, for acting as spokesperson for those other guests who were either unable or unwilling to write a review. In response:

1. The building is 250 years old and therefore all of our rooms are different shapes and sizes.
2. Room 1 was redecorated recently. Regarding the TV, I am slightly unsure as to how to comment on size in this context; I suspect that it depends on personal preference. We have never before had concern expressed about the disappointing size of our equipment and all of our TVs are equipped to provide suitable entertainment. As to what would appear to have been an issue with the shower pressure, I can only try and resolve this if it's brought to my attention whilst the guest is here.
3. Concerning the room for those people with limited mobility, we are rated '1' under the National Accessible Scheme and meet the VisitEngland criteria for our category with ramps to ground floor rooms and grab bars. I personally checked the guests into this room and they seemed to be quite happy, the gentleman even shaking my hand as I left the room. Something clearly changed between their arrival back from the wedding later that evening and the following morning when they checked out.
4. The bride and groom booked and allocated all of the rooms to family and friends well in advance of their wedding and negotiated discounted rates for some of the rooms.
5. Our team went out of their way to ensure that rooms were ready well before our check-in time of 2pm in order that guests could get changed for the wedding and arrive at church for 1.30pm. This despite the fact that nobody had requested an early check-in. In my opinion, this represents excellent service and does not deserve the comment in the final sentence of the review.

On a final note, I'm disappointed that you were not especially impressed during your stay with us and take consolation in the fact that your review appears to run contrary to almost all of the others.

Been to The Forest Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!