“The best pizza in GC” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Grove City, Ohio, USA
“The best pizza in GC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

My family has been getting pizza and other meals from Zamarelli's for year's. They never disappoint!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Columbus, Ohio
“Hometown Favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

I grew up on this pizza and it remains my favorite. A few things to know, the building is very small. So, there really is no opportunity to dine in. They only accept cash/check. No credit/debit cards. The pizza is greasy. If this is an issue for you, avoid it. Otherwise, it is incredible

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Good Local Joint”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I've lived in Grove City for nine years but never stopped in. Today I was just plain running out of time and decided to give them a try since several friends have raved about the place. Now, bear in mind, if I have the time I'm baking my own pizza on a whole grain crust (not your run of the mill whole wheat flour either, I use spelt flour and it's amazing).

Here's what's good about Zammarelli's:

Plenty of stuff for your money. I stopped ordering from Papa John's years ago (and learned how to make my own pizza) because the more toppings you paid for the less they put on your pizza. Zamarelli's gives you plenty of whatever it is you've asked for.

They have a real pizza oven. Yes, it makes a difference and this is where my good gas range at home, even set at 510 degrees can't compete. I was late picking up my pizza. It was still hot because it was hot, hot, hot to begin with. The crust might have been a little soggy, but.........hey......I was late!

Good ingredients. I had a bacon & mushroom and the quality of the ingredients, including the cheese, was excellent.

Bad?

Well, I was surprised they didn't take plastic, but seriously, if you're wandering around this earth without a 20 in your pocket you are dangerously unprepared. I don't use a lot of cash and I prefer using plastic but every girl knows she needs a backup plan.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great All Around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

For those who say bad things about the customer service I disagree, always treated very nicely from everyone. Pizza can tend to be greasy but that's why it's sooo good!! I live the atmosphere, that feeling of familiar, a place you grew up coming to.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grove City, Ohio
“Horrible pizza”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Number one they are a small business that you would think would cater to the public..and needless to say to dont. The pizza is greasy and the meat and vegs are not fresh..they are never on time when they say your order will be ready and they only accept cash and checks no plastic...I would not recommed anyone going to this place until the let go of everyone in there and get someone who knows about running a pizza shop with quailty ingredents.

• Visited April 2012