“Old, tired and dirty” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Grove City
Columbus, OH
“Old, tired and dirty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The sheets are thread bare, the carpet dark with age and too many feet, the pillows were tired and thin, the heater was missing knobs and was very dirty inside, the light in the bathroom all but non-existent. The sink and counter looked new, as did the tub and surround, however, with the nasty bed, carpet and heater greeting you it gave an overall impression of scuzzy. You don't want to take your shoes off or sit on the bed.
We rented this room as a control for cyclists to get their arrival cards signed. I'd rather pay an extra $20 and go a few yards down the road to the Hampton.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
jaynashushi, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus/Grove City, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
We strive to make every guests stay as comfortable as possible. Our rooms and front desk lobby area are being renovated now. We are unsure of how long this process will take, we hope that in the future you allow us to be your choice of hotels. Thank you for your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed two months ago for the first time. And again three times after that. I travel to columbus two to three times a month on business. The staff at this Red Roof was andis great! Very friendly. The second time i stayed i had a slight issue with a room and called front desk right away. I spoke with the manager Renee, she was sure to take care of it right away. When the maint. man came to fix our issue it was within mins of requesting it to be done. Im not a very patient man so this is a plus for me. Along with the friendly staff is a excellent location. There are many restaurants within a mile or so near by as well as plenty of lounges. I will definitely be back. Great job guys!

• Stayed April 2013
It's great to know that staff has made your stay that much better. We strive to make every guest feel as comfortable as they are at home. Your review will be passed on to the rest of the staff so they are aware of there good work. We will see you soon hopefully. Thank you again for your stay!!
NASHVILLE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Was very disappointed in this Red Roof. The room had the old style furniture (seen better days) and the carpeting was old and worn. Had to call the front desk about barking dog in the next room because the owners went out and left the dog in the room. The staff was courteous, but the unit just needs updating, just not up to current Red Roof standards. Will not stay there again until improvements made.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
jaynashushi, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus/Grove City, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
First of all thank you for your feedback!

I would like to apologize for your noise issues during your stay. Our standard procedure would be a change of room. We do not allow pets to stay in the rooms unattended and we will certainly use this as a training exercise for our employees.

You may be interested to learn that just this week we have started refurbishing our guest rooms as well as our lobby. This will take place for the next month or possibly two. We hope that you will allow us to be your choice of stay in the future.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope the remainder of your trip to Grove City, Ohio was most enjoyable.
Elmhurst, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

basically a re modeled Motel. 2 buildings 2 floors each all outside access as typical with red roofs terrible breakfast : just muffins and such in cellophane bags coffee is at least the right color. not terrible just nothing particularly good about this place

• Stayed February 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I prefer to travel simply and without fuss. I work for a company that has a Red Roof Inn corporate discount so whenever I travel, I search for a RRI location with a good reputation and book it. This location was no exception.

The location was in a safe area and close to the highway, probably a 10 min. drive into downtown, if that. The room was clean (save for the cigarette burns in my friend's comforter, which had clearly been laundered but still, not something you'd want to see, regardless of price point) and simple. The lobby was the nicest, most modern I've seen at any RRI I've stayed in. I really liked the water pressure in the shower, something that is lacking in most motels/hotels.

I don't foresee myself returning to the Columbus area soon but if I needed a place to stay again, I will re-book with the RRI - Grove City.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed here on the on the spur of the moment last year on Valentines Day. All the other hotels in the area were already booked because of the occassion. I was relieved we were able to find a good hotel on such short notice. The rooms were nice and quiet the first night. The second night some guys were having a party which didn't bother me that much except when I had to walk passed their room to get to mine and they would stare and make little comments! The quality of the room was better than I expected. I have no complaints!

• Stayed February 2012
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This place is great.

My friends and I stayed NYE and couldn't be happier. Rooms were clean and the staff was accommodating. for only about 60 dollars (w tax) i dont think you can find a better value in the grove city area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbus/Grove City? Share your experiences!