My new husband and I choose The Olde Bell for our wedding and were were so glad we did.
The staff there are so organised and proficient that the day went perfectly and the organising of it prior to the wedding, was a doddle. Kate has an amazing way of making big decisions easy and stressless.
Our guests were all delighted with the venue. It is beautiful and full of charm. We were very laid back about choosing food and drinks packages and didn't really give it much thought, so when each course arrived and proved itself to be delicious and fantastic quality we were delighted. The service was wonderful and our guests with dietry requirements were really impressed with how the hotel catered for their needs. Our gluten free guest has said it was the best service she has recieved in any restaurant she has eaten in and felt very safe in their hands.
All through the day staff were on hand to guide us help us get the nuts and bolts of the day right. Chris was wonderful at gently organising us and presenting us with choices when necessary and making it all run smoothly.
The rooms were wonderful and very clean. We were fortunate enough to stay in the Victoria Suit and would recommend it to anyone. We are already excitied at the prospect of returning for anniversaries.
Many of the guest have commented on what a relaxed day we had and I think much of that has to do with the superb attitude of the hotel staff. 'Plush not posh' is a very good slogan for the hotel not just because of the beautiful furnishings but also because of the unpretencious and relaxed way in which they opperate. I would recommend it as a wedding venue to anyone, it really couldnt have been a better day.
- Also Known As:
- Ye Olde Bell Hotel And Restaurant
- Ye Olde Bell Hotel
- Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant Barnby Moor, Nottinghamshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A wonderful 17th century original stagecoaching inn now passionately restored throughout by local owners to AA 4-Star and combining history with contemporary style. Sheer luxury everywhere with rich fabrics, chandeliers, antiques and period features. Individually styled bedrooms and stunning suites, all with flatscreen TVs and contemporary bathrooms with walk-in power showers. Lounges with real log fires in winter and smart Garden Terrace Bar for summer drinks and dining al fresco. Trendy Restaurant Bar 1650 and rich ambient St Leger Bistro-by-the-Bar with extensive menu. Hotel Fitness Centre and hair and beauty treatment salons. Just off the A1 and on the border of Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire and Yorkshire - ideal for Sherwood Forest, Lincoln Cathedral, Nottingham Castle, Chatsworth House and Doncaster and Southwell Races. Just 5 minutes from Retford Mainline Rail Station and close to Robin Hood & East Midlands Airports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.