“Boat skipper Andrew fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Seahouses
Birmingham
13 attraction reviews
“Boat skipper Andrew fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The control of his catermaran he excercised whilst viewing wildlife was fantastic, my wife and I travelled with him twice in one week and at £13 each was excellent value for money. The second time the sea was a bit choppy, and he diverted off course to make everyones life comfortable. The wildlife we saw would be another chapter.

Visited June 2013
TheFarnes, Owner at Serenity Farne Island Boat Tours, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you guys for joining me. It's pleasing that you enjoyed your trip and to come twice is flattering. Thank you from Bud, myself and everyone at Serenity. Regards Andrew

Petersfield, United Kingdom
62 attraction reviews
“Out of this world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

To be honest I have never done anything like this ever before so as I stood on the quayside it was with a little trepardation. It was fantastic! The whole experience for me was unforgettable. If you are ever in the area then this is a 'must do'. The boat Serenity II was a good ride because it was double hull which made it more stable. The crew were great and attentive and the skipper gave us all the interesting facts as we sailed around the islands. The hour on Inner Farne bird sanctuary was brill but make sure you have a hat on during the breeding season. The journy back was getting a little more rough sea but skipper brought us close to the beach before turning into the wind. I will never forget the whole experience. Thank you skipper.

Visited June 2013
TheFarnes, Owner at Serenity Farne Island Boat Tours, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments and I'm pleased you enjoyed the trip. Hopefully it will not be as choppy if you return again. Thank you once again. Regards Andrew
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Serenity Rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Going out with Andrew and the guys on Serenity II earlier in the year (April) was a dream! The weather wasn't friendly - but the reception by the office staff and crew absolutely was . There was no sense of "us and them" - I think Andrew (skipper) was as interested in the islands and the wildlife as the guests on board. He is knowledgeable and keen to share his enthusiasm.
As someone who is keen on wildlife photography I was particularly grateful to Andrew as he did his best in awkward conditions to provide the very best opportunities to capture those shots that would have otherwise been impossible.
So impressed that I'm going back this month! Look out guys - here I come :-) !

Visited April 2013
TheFarnes, Owner at Serenity Farne Island Boat Tours, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and hopefully the weather will be better for you next time. Regards Andrew
“A must do if you enjoy nature!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We took a trip to Farne Islands on the 6th of June 2013. At first we wanted to give up as the wind was a bit chilli, but i managed to convince my wife and my sister (who was visiting me from Brazil) to try it! The sunset, the birds, seals...all wonderful...and as a lovely bonus plenty of dolphins in the end of the journey! What an amazing trip! My sister just loved it... Watching the dolphins with a beautiful sunset, a rare combination completely made my day! Perfect!!! I do recommend this trip!

Visited June 2013
TheFarnes, Owner at Serenity Farne Island Boat Tours, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
I'm so pleased you and your sister enjoyed the trip and the dolphins were a bit special. Best Wishes to you and your wife and good luck with the birth of your new child. Please let us know if you had a boy or a girl. Regards Andrew
nuneaton
20 attraction reviews
“Highly recommended - good value too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We booked with Serenity based on previous reviews and was pleased to see that they were spot on. Friendly service, knowledgeable staff and value for money. We went for a landing trip, which landed on Inner Farne, an National Trust island where we had an hour. Even if you are not a birdwatcher it is amazing to see the vast numbers of birds including the very popular puffins up close. Landing is free if you are a National Trust member but is not expensive if you are not. The tour around the islands before the landing was also great, we saw many seals, razorbills, puffins, shags, guillemots, terns, eider ducks and many more. Pick a nice day and you can't go wrong.

Visited May 2013
TheFarnes, Owner at Serenity Farne Island Boat Tours, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and I'm really pleased you enjoyed your trip. Regards Andrew