after reading previous reviews which critisised service and food, I went aprehensively, with a group of friends for a golf package stay. From the moment we arrived until we departed the service was excellent and staff were very helpful and accommodating. We arrived couple hours before normal room check in, but after visiting the Linden Hall pub for a snack and a drink within an hour our rooms were available, enabling us to unpack and head for the golf course. Whilst the course is fairly young in age, it is a good testing and interesting course. Some of the par 3`s are more difficult than they look.(book a golf buggy if you don`t enjoy long walks). Dinner in the evening in the "pub" was really enjoyable and full of flavour, don`t think there was one complaint from the 8 of us and service was excellent. Breakfast in the morning was very varied, fresh fruit / cereal/yoghurt / coldmeats & cheeses / pastries etc and your cooked b/fast was made to order and really good choice. If I have one small critisicim of the room, for those people that like to relax in a bath, they are not built for people 6ft tall.This is a good venue for a quiet relaxing spa & golf weekend for all, also a good base to explore the surrounding attractions. Would reccomend this venue and would return.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Linden Hall Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club Hotel Longhorsley
- Macdonald Linden Hall Hotel Country
- Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club Longhorsley, Northumberland