“xmas fayre” 5 of 5 stars

+44 1665 830865
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Lesbury
Cuisines: British
Description: A quintessential, picturesque English pub with an award winning flower arrangement featured around the grounds, large beer gardens to the front and rear serving a light bites, British Classics and refined al a carte menus to suit all tastes.
Alnwick, United Kingdom
“xmas fayre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014 NEW

Well im writing this having just had my xmas do at the coach and only one world can describe it AWESOMEl The chefs and and staff had to cope with 20 peeps and they did brilliantly, of all the dishes on the xmas fayre not a single person moaned, and the execution of the meal was perfect, a big thanks there to to the very young and talented chef martin (dude ur awesome), the waitresses suzzana (forgive spelling) and alex were brilliant very friendly and smiley which is what a customer always appreciates, and joe the landlord is cool too but joe you owe me a vodka for that English tatty nonsense u gave me , all in all 10/10 guys thank you

London, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff and good British food ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014 NEW

Nestled in rural Northumberland The Coach Inn sits just off the main road. Walking in we were greeted by a traditional Pub which has been tastefully modernised complete with wood burning fire. The Thursday menu was outstanding value and tasted fantastic. Friendly staff topped off the day making it impossible for me not to recommend this hidden gem.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Just right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014 NEW

After winning £5 at the local point to point race meeting we decided to eat out on the Way home. At about 4 pm we arrived and asked about Sunday lunch. We were told 20 minutes or so and happily had a pint and were then shown to our table. Food was excellent with no less than 6 different vegetables. My friend and I had lamb and the wives pork. The plates were nicely presented and we were asked if would like more of any thing. Couldn't resist the yorkies so my friend and I had seconds of them. Lovely. Well done Coach inn and good luck.

Kilbirnie, United Kingdom
“Hospitality lacking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014 NEW

We visited this pub in Lesbury on a cold foggy Friday evening at the end of November. Staff hanging about the end of the bar had to be informed initially that we were waiting to be served! Eventually got our drinks, sat down, and after ten minutes were told a party was expected at the table we were on(there had been no reserved sign there when we sat down...)and could we leave by six pm? Thereafter the waitress continually came past checking to see whether we had gone or not.......unnerving and uncomfortable to say the least! There were other tables and we would have been happy to move if asked, instead we were made to feel decidedly unwanted. If this is the type of hospitality offered at the Coach Inn, you can keep it! I have given two stars purely for the fact that the Inn is comfortable, and had a roaring fire, the most welcoming thing in the place. I have eaten here in the past, always good, but doubt I'll come in again.

• Visited November 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
JosephR R, Owner at The Coach Inn, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear reviewer

I am sorry you felt harassed out of our establishment. As you can see by our reviews, our staff are very courteous and friendly so I am surprised by the comments you gave. I can only imagine this was a case of crossed wires as non of the staff would dare tell any of my customers to leave my pub, this is not what I preach to them, nor is it a decision they are allowed to make.

I have spoke with the member of staff involved and she was shocked and very apologetic about the situation and assured me it was not her intention to tell you to leave the pub. We have a lovely snug area that we offer guests (which I personally know the server has offered to guests several times when they sit at a reserved table)

Unfortunately there was not a reserved sign put on the table this has been the root cause of the confusion which I apologize for and the servers were unaware you were going to choose that particular table before you sat down and they had realized.

So in conclusion i feel the servers choice of words (and the fact that she assumed you would choose another table rather than offering) and your interpretation of her words have brought about this situation. I hope you are able to see both sides and give the coach inn another try.

If you care to message me personally on this site I will be more than willing to buy you a drink for the trouble caused and hopefully you will see this is not how the staff intentionally operate

Many Thanks
Felton, United Kingdom
“Exceptional meal,all aspects perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014 NEW

We made a last minute decision to call at 4pm on Sunday,not having been for some time,but being aware of new owner having taken over in summer.
Usual welcome,but main point was meal absolutely perfect.
Two of us had shoulder of lamb,other two pork,ours almost steak type thick,plated with six vegetables including beans,mange tout,small carrots,brocoli,swede,plus mash and roast potato,large crisp Yorkshire with rich gravy,not on Yorkshire.
More veg offered,no problem for more lovelly Yorkshires,Adam offered more drinks,seamlessly attentive,one of only two serving,
Exceptional quality,hard working landlord,delightful experience raising bar for dining in area.
I am in the business,elsewhere,appreciate quality,excellent attitude,a delightful experience,we will return!

JosephR R, Owner at The Coach Inn, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for such a glowing review.

As I am aware of your own establishments within the area and their excellent reputation this is indeed a huge compliment to us, we are glad you enjoyed your visit.

Many Thanks