This is a big Thankyou for David and all of his team.
We had prevously had a weekend break at Marshall Meadows and thoroughly enjoyed the area the hospitality at the hotel.
On planning our 9th July wedding, earlier this year we wanted something special and intimate for our 13 guests, we could not have chosen better.
David was so accomodating as we planned it all long distance and only returned to the hotel the week before the wedding.
Everything was perfect, nothing was too much trouble for the staff, as we had chosen to do our wedding table our selves. We used the conservatory for our wedding ceremony and the intimate music room for our wedding breakfast.
David had set up a lovely table for the eve of the wedding for us all to eat together and buffet lunch on the wedding day.
Our wedding breakfast was excellent and well served by the friendly staff.
We managed to get our photographs outside in the beautiful garden setting, (it stopped raining 30 mins before the wedding and stayed fine for them!!)
We provided our guests with their rooms at the hotel and we have had notes to say 'thankyou for a lovely time at Marshall Meadows' also 'we enjoyed the beautiful setting of Marshall Meadows'
David made the stay 'home from home' for us all.
Congratulatios David and your team for an excellent hotel. (keep an eye on the flowers Joan!!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marshall Meadows is an authentic Georgian, 3 star country house Hotel, standing in around 15 acres of peaceful grounds with sea views. It is uniquely situated just outside the historic town of Berwick-Upon-Tweed only a stone's throw away from the A1 crossing point of the Scottish Border. It is, therefore, both the first and last hotel in England depending upon one's point of view. The hotel is believed to date from the mid 18th century and provides the perfect setting for a relaxing break, discovering the attractions of border country or for the more adventurous numerous coastal and inland walks and cycle routes, great golf courses and fishing on the river Tweed. The hotel comprise 19 letting rooms, in addition to a main bar, residents' lounge, restaurant, large function area and music room, conservatory and terrace overlooking a large well manicured front lawn. Entrance to the grounds is via a tree-lined driveway flanking a wooded stream. The rear of the hotel overlooks a farmyard, paddock and walled garden. The location allows easy access to the main town, Northumberland Coastal attractions such as Holy Island and Alnwick Castle, National Parkland and the Scottish Border Regions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Marshall Meadows Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marshall Meadows Country Hotel
- Hotel Marshall Meadows Country