“The Best B&B we have ever stayed in!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clovelly House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berwick upon Tweed
Clovelly House
You added Clovelly House to your Saves list
58 West Street, Berwick upon Tweed TD15 1AS, England   |
Kendal, United Kingdom
“The Best B&B we have ever stayed in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed 07/05/12 to 11/05/12 You will be greeted at the door like an old friend,Spencer room has a Queen size bed large shower / wash room,you will want for nothing during your stay, complementary chocs,biscuits bottled water/milk beer/wine fresh fruit,Rocky made us a packup for our journey home. PLEASE BE WARNED at mealtimes ask for what you want for example a wee breakfast is four slices of bacon and two eggs and a Clovelly Special is served with a steak knife. Don't worry on your 2nd day you will ask for what you want.Thanks to Vivienne and Rocky for a lovely stay till we see you again.

Room Tip: Spencer Room Queen size bed large onsuite wash/shower room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Viv & Rocky greet you with the warmest of welcomes, a super comfy bed, everything you could possibly want in your room and a terrific breakfast that will keep you full til dinner time the next day!

• Stayed May 2012
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Had a lovely stay at Clovelly House. Vivienne was so welcoming. Free town parking was really handy. Room was very pretty and comfortable, with chocolate, wine and fruit provided! Breakfast was delicious. The plate of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon that was put in front of me could have fed three people. I can not say enough good things about this B&B. I only wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Penzance, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

This is a classic guest house B&B and it's bang in the centre of the town. What's amazing is what you get for your money. When I went (this week) I got a new TV in the room, wifi code, all manner of fruits and chocolates awaiting you (even if you don't want them, what a welcome), real coffee pods and access to a fridge with fresh milk and (if you want) free beer. Really.

Then there's the breakfast. Ye Gods, this is (if you want it) the biggest choice I've ever seen in a B&B. Proper kippers, porridge, full breakfasts including white/black pudding and haggis, eggs any way, smoked salmon. I could go on. I have never seen anything like it. I think that if you ate and used everything that was offered to you free in the price at Clovelly House, you would almost be paid to stay there, the owners are that generous.

However you are left to yourself coming and going with the keys - so there's no 'staying in someone's house' type awkwardness. The owners get the balance just right - you are welcome, but left to yourself.

I will be back if I'm in town again. Don't bother looking at other places - book Clovelly now...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We chose Clovelly House based on the Tripadvisor reviews.

The excellent reviews were certainly not wrong! The location is central and upon arrival we were greeted by Vivienne and Rocky, who gave us a parking badge which entitled to us free car parking in and around Berwick - this proved handy for when we visited the surrounding areas.

Our room was very homely and cosy. The bed was firm, duvet thick and we had additional blankets if required together with a hot water bottle :) We were given a complimentary bottle of bubbly (for my husband's birthday!), box of chocs, lots of tea, coffee, biscuits, kit kats, fresh fruit, box of dates, mini bottles of wine and water! If this were not enough, there was also a communal fridge containing fresh milk, cans of lager and more wine! This is in addition to the microwave, board games, DVDs and videos.

Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries are provided along with a hairdryer, big fluffy robes, towels and slippers. Phew, you get the picture!

Breakfasts were huge and I mean H-U-G-E. It's a 3 courser. Fresh fruit, cereal, porridge or pancakes to begin with, followed by croissants and then various variations of a hot fry up. Let me warn you that a "standard" fry up consists of 4 slices of bacon, 2 eggs, 1 large cumberland shaped sausage (although it is not a cumberland sausage), 2 slices of toast, tomatoes, mushrooms and a large bowl of sauteed meditteranean veg. If, like me, you can't stand wasting food, I would go for a half portion of this and that is plenty. They have a large breakfast and I dread to think what that contains!

Vivienne and Rocky cannot help you enough, they have lots of leaflets, recommendations of where to go and eat and hot tips.

If I had to be super, super critical, the room was probably a bit on the small side and the flat screen TV reception wasnt the best - we could only watch BBC.

I cannot recommend this place enough and was very sad to leave.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

After hearing how good this place is from my Dad who has made over 40 visits to Clovelly House, my son & I had to try it for ourselves. We were not disappointed.
Very warm welcome, excellent food and all the little touches that you may hope for plus many more.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012 via mobile

I don't know how they do it for the money. Where else would you get top quality complimentary chocolates, fresh fruit, wine and beer on your hospitality tray in a B&B. All your toiletries were provide in the en-suite bathroom, again of a very high standard. And that breakfast - WOW! We just managed to eat it all (it was SO good and locally sourced) and despite walking all day, we couldn't eat another thing till breakfast the next day! We have told everyone about our visit as we were so impressed. Our hosts were so helpful that our visit for a birthday celebration was really special. Thank you for a great stay. Laura T

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Clovelly House? Share your experiences!