“Warm, friendly, good food and atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 restaurants in Beadnell
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Warwick,
“Warm, friendly, good food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We enjoyed a warm and friendly atmosphere and a very good meal at this lively pub one very wet evening.
Staff were excellent (actually came to the table to take our order - very un-pub-like!), and were helpful and relaxed.
Food well up to usual pub standard, drinks good, and all at reasonable prices.
Would certainly visit again if in the area.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Great Torrington, UK
“Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Just enjoyed a really excellent Sunday Lunch at The Craster Arms. Choice was good, staff very friendly and the food was very good value. Would go again.

Camberley, United Kingdom
“Good pub grub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The pub is located in Beadnell village which just up the road from Seahouses and is very tastefully decorated on the outside with hanging baskets. The interior is clean and tidy. The staff offer a friendly and helpful welcome. The food is very good at sensible prices. The childrens menu is good and the portion sizes are very good for the money.
It was a shame that the two guest ales, IPA and Black sheep were off as the barrels hadn't settled, however the John Smiths was a fair altenative. Get the ale prep sorted and this pub would certainly rise to an excellent.

Visited September 2012
“The craster arms, not the place it used to be!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

As a regular visitor and owning a holiday home in Beadnell I always try to support the local community and visit the Craster Arms when I'm in the area, I also recommend the pub to all my guests as good local quality food and great service, however after visiting on a Saturday afternoon in September on a very sunny day the 8 people in my party and i were very dissapointed at the attitude of the staff and the fact that chef decided to have 2 hours off, they could not serve any food despite advertising food available all day! So from now on i think i will be visiting either Seahouses, Bamburgh or the Joiners Arms in Newton which serve great food without the imcompetent staff. Now either the craster arms is doing very well and do not need to serve food on a saturday afternoon or the staff were missinformed by the Manager as they gave us menus and did not tell us that they could not deliver what they advertised i.e food served all day. I appreciate that situations change, however the key to maintaining a good local reputation is great customer service and not dissapointing your customers wether its their first or tenth visit, I was not alone in my view when I spoke to other people in the beer garden who were equally dissapointed and went elsewhere, hence the " Terrible" score,

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Essex
“A warm and friendly Northumberland welcome at the Craster Arms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Wrongly I suppose, I don't normally take the time to leave good reviews, only bad ones when bad service or rude staff etc annoys me enough to leave bad feedback to let others know to avoid but this pub truly deserves to be recognised with a good review for its above average friendliness and service as I thought they went beyond what I would expect on more than one occasion - hence this review. We were staying at a Self Catering Cottage opposite the Craster Arms pub so it was handy for us to make a visit to have a meal but after our initial first experience we ended up eating there another 2 nights and having just a drink on a 4th night over the week. On our first visit we were struck by the warm friendly welcome we got from ALL the staff and nothing seemed to be too much trouble plus the food was excellent and each time we went in we got the same friendly treatment and the same great food. They have Free Wi-Fi AND, as a dog owner who can't understand why pubs turn away much needed business from the estimated 30% of the UK population who are dog owners, they also have an area where you can take your dog AND enjoy one of their great meals. On a couple of mornings, even though I wasn't staying there (the pub is a hotel too), I rather cheekily asked if I could check the weather using my Laptop using their Wi-Fi and was pleasantly surprised not only to be invited in but on more than one morning to be also offered a cup of coffee by the Manager whilst I sat in the bar with the hotel guests eating their breakfasts - maybe it was just northern hospitality but I thought that was such a nice gesture and goes a long way in my mind to making me feel very welcome - again, hence this good review. As mentioned, the pub is also a hotel and whilst I personally can't comment on the hotel side I can only say that the comments I overheard from the guests staying there during breakfast whilst I was using the Wi-Fi were all good. My bother owns a pub and I know just how hard they have to work to keep it successful so all I can say is the staff at the Craster Arms deserve their business to do well. Paul Thwaites

• Visited September 2012