“Beautiful place for the wedding ” 4 of 5 stars

01665 589700
Website
Improve this listing
6 attraction reviews
“Beautiful place for the wedding ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

The hubby and I stayed here with our 3 yr old son for 2 nights at end of March for my mother in laws wedding..... It was superb!!! Rooms were spacious, clean and had whirlpool baths.... At least the 4 rooms between our family did have. The food and drink was pricey but lovely, the wedding was amazing and went smoothly from start to finish big shout out to Rebecca for all her help. The staff couldn't do enough for us and the leisure facility's looked amazing!! Sadly due to lack of time with wedding we didn't get to use them but will when we definitely return!!! The grounds are also stunning!! Can't recommend this place enough. Only recommendation would be, if you have small children request a room upstairs as it can be noisy on first floor if there is a wedding etc and the hallway past the rooms is quite busy.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Lovely place but spa is disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I visited the spa only,so i can't comment about the hotel,which appeared to be lovely,the staff are nice but the facilities in the spa area are very unsatisfactory for a hotel of this standard,very small pool not enough loungers,you don't expect to spend most of your time on a plastic garden chair !
The food was okay just okay ! Bland and nothing to write home about .
All in all I was very uninspired and don't think I will recommend a spa day there to my friends , sorry ! Oh and did I mention its not exactly cheap ?

Visited January 2014
durham
12 attraction reviews
“Luxurious day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Went to the Doxford hall hotel and spa for a spa day and lunch. We were greeted at reception with a big warm welcome and shown through to the spa. Every thing spic and span. Robes and slippers along with towels were waiting in the lockers. We enjoyed a swim sauna steam room and jacuzzi and then a coffee in the relaxation room before having lunch. The lunch in the restaurant was beautiful served and was delicious . I can honestly say one of the best meals I have tasted and I have ate in top hotels and restaurants around the world. Every where we went in the hotel the staff were very friendly and helpful. We then returned back to the spa where we enjoyed every thing again before heading home feeling rejuvenated. I can't wait to return to this beautiful hotel and would strongly recommend whether it be for a stay, a spa day or afternoon tea. I have heard the breakfasts and the teas are to die for.

Northumberland,England
15 attraction reviews
“Great spa but don't bother with food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The facilities are really good,as long as you don't get lost in the maze to find them.
All staff were really nice and friendly. Treatments were amazing and would recommend them.
Food left a lot to be desired though,undercooked veg,overcooked meat,would not eat there again.

Visited December 2013
South Shields, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“Quiet evening meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Went for an evening meal, away from the hectic nightlife of a Bank Holiday weekend.
Had one of the best dining experiences ever.
Would highly recommend dinner at Doxford Hall - and well worth the 95 mile roud trip.

Visited May 2013