“Decent enough standard Italian restaurant and won’t break the bank.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Di Sopra

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Decent enough standard Italian restaurant and won’t break the bank.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Di Sopra is a standard menu Italian with plenty of reasonably priced options, especially the Pizza’s, not dissimilar in feel to an Italian chain restaurant.
Four of us ate here for an evening meal and although nothing special, the quality and quantity of the food was perfectly acceptable for the price levels.
And combined with friendly and attentive service levels from the young waitresses would mean I certainly wouldn’t hesitate to return if I am ever in Alnwick again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent quality and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Di Sopra is one of 2 associated Italian restaurants in central Alnwick. I was impressed by the range, quality, value and cheerful service.

Visited July 2014
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
“Good value for a Saturday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We nipped in here to avoid the rain on Saturday lunchtime and were pleasantly surprised to find an elegant, upmarket looking restaurant slap bang in the middle of Alnwick.

Business was slow and my wife and I were the only customers but that didn't reduce the atmosphere one bit.

Drinks orders were taken quickly and we opted for the two courses for £8.95 which is a cracking deal in my eyes.

I went for the potato skins while my wife the garlic mushrooms. We were expecting the sort of breaded garlic mushrooms but we got gorgeous fresh mushrooms on very soft bruschetta. The portion size was decent as well.

These went down a treat then we had Quattro Stagioni pizza (choice of 9" or 12") and the Pesto chicken pasta. Both of these were presented well and I was impressed with the side salad which had little bits of pesto and olives in. It made a change from the usual mixed salads you get other places.

Desserts were politely declined as we were genuinely stuffed, which doesn't happen often, trust me. I'd like to return on an evening when it would be more busy and perhaps choose one of the steaks.

The bill came to a very reasonable £25 althogether and considering other establishments in the area I found it a very suitable way to spend a Saturday lunchtime.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East Midlands
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Came here with a couple of visiting friends and we were not disappointed. Having 3 starters and mains, a bottle of house red (very nice), and 2 vodka drinks all for £20 each, we could not criticise the value! The food is of a very good standard, was very tasty, great portion sizes (I asked to take some of my chicken home there was so much!!) and we were not kept waiting too long for the food either. We also booked quite late and were accommodated. All in all a very good experience and I will definitely be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
W Yorkshire
“I liked it more than my husband did”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The staff are nice, the starters and drinks were fine, my pollo dolcelatte was delicious, but my husband's gnocchi he said were rather heavy and bland (though the sauce was good) and the cheeseboard... bland mozzarella, ok parmesan-type cheese, something rather rubbery, not enough bread and the breadsticks weren't very nice... the goat's cheese was tasty but that was about it. I've had better, sorry.

Visited July 2014