Do not what ever you do book on line.
You pay up front then and after your stay you may not want to pay the full asking price.
Service was poor because you can not book dinner in the Olypic Dining room early in the evening as there are groups which take preference over Hotel Quests.
If you book a table in the Bistro you can not eat from the Dining room menu and the booking arrangements are unreliable as I found out.
The History of the place is interesting but the average quality is shot to hell by poor service, noisy rooms with thin walls and busy street with Traffic and shouting till late.
Some staff were very good but on the whole the place caters for groups putting couples low on the priority list. When our troubles were reported they tried to say we had not followed the correct formalities. Well you decide but remember not to pay up front as you will be sorry if you do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the historic market town of Alnwick and only a stone's throw from Alnwick Castle and Gardens, The White Swan is a charming 300 year old coaching inn that blends its unique heritage with superb accommodation.For generations one of the North of England's primary hotels, The White Swan is probably best known for its Olympic Dining Suite which features the magnificent panelling, mirrors and stained glass windows from the Titanic's sister ship. All 57 bedrooms are designed to an impeccable standard, and Hardy's Bistro, our contemporary, informal dining experience, is open all day for coffee, light lunches and an excellent bistro menu.The perfect stopover en route to Scotland, we're also your base for discovering the famous gardens at Alnwick Castle, and a tour of the very best of the North East with its unspoilt coastline, historic castles and Holy Island, Northumberland National Park and the exciting cities of Durham and Newcastle. Then return to the hotel for a traditional afternoon tea in front of the fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your The White Swan Hotel, Alnwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel, Alnwick Hotel Alnwick
- White Swan Alnwick
- White Swan Hotel Alnwick
- The White Swan Hotel, Alnwick Northumberland