“The best place to eat in Alnwick” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Alnwick, United Kingdom
“The best place to eat in Alnwick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Strawberry Lounge is the best-kept secret in Alnwick, down an alleyway off Narrowgate. We come here a couple of times a week for the generous portions of delicious home-cooked food, friendly service and ridiculously low prices. Today I had lamb & mint pie, my husband had pork, apple & cider pie, we both had plenty of crispy chips, salad and filter coffee, all for just under £10 for both of us! We recommend Strawberry Lounge to every.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chatton, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This little cafe is hidden away but offers a friendly family atmosphere and excellent value for money. They have recently invested in new equipment to deal with the demand and to improve quality.
The staff are very friendly and because it is family run you know it is genuine. The scones are to die for at a price of £1 and big enough to be a main meal in itself.
It's a must visit!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
“Wow - excellent food at low prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We liked the atmosphere, service, menu choice, large portions and prices. The nicest thing I had was a hot chocolate which was served in a huge cup and tasted really delicious!

Visited January 2013
alnwick
“place to be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

very nice place to go me and friends go for milkshakes and scones
very good the best !!!!!!!!!
the staff are realy good and friendly great value for money

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“a great little find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My partner had been told about this place but we had never got round to trying it... until last weekend. I wasn't really hungry when i went in, but after seeing the amazing looking selection of massive scones in the cabinet, I found myself not knowing what to order! I went for the soup and was seriously impressed with taste, portion size and the lovely huge roll which came with it. The pot of tea was huge too, and nicely brewed! Everything was really tastey but the most impressive thing for me was the price v quantity. The main dishes were only £3.95 and soup was only £2.50, pot of tea only £1 each, and a fabulously different flavoured scone for £1.20.... For me, in this financial climate, to leave after a lunch, stuffed to the gunnels and only paying £10 for two people is what I call like. Overall, a lovely cosey wee place, great service and wonderful home cooked food for great prices... what else could you ask for? will be adding it to our regular haunts list!!

• Visited December 2012