“Quirky!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Quirky!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a great little cafe tucked away down a narrow vennel in the centre of Alnwick. The quirky decor is matched by an unusual and tempting menu that delivers all that it promises. The tea and scones are particularly excellent, - but whatever you do, don't miss the piping - hot and creamy cappochinno.- FANTASTICO!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“The most Friendly place I ever been to have dinner!!! ��strawberry Lounge ��”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

It was a very welcoming and the staff were friendly. The food is excellent. The prices from £1-£3.95. The best scone in alnwick.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alnwick, United Kingdom
“Another Alnwick Gem found in the Castle Quarter!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Today was a special treat catching up with an old friend and having last time gone to Bailey's, we decided to try our luck with a visit to the Strawberry Lounge. Usually so popular with Students & Locals abound as well as the odd tourist we timed our visit just right and got ourselves in just before it got busy!

Our first impressions of this cosy little venue is the friendly, relaxed atmosphere, warm and cheerful staff & the fact that everything from the sarnies to Milkshakes is fresh, plentiful & reasonably priced! (Perfect if on a budget whilst having a decent meal out)

My friend opting for what would be called my usual of Coronation Chicken Jacket Potato wasn't disappointed and soon polished off the lot, whilst I had spotted the Specials Board.

I decided to try the Curry Jacket Potato for a change. I'm more a creature of habit though as it was a cold day I figured I'd go for a different option than my friend. Although I perhaps ought to have checked if there was any mushrooms *Having an allergy towards them tends to put me off anything with them in* I was able just to pick them out and still enjoy my curry which came with a wonderful array of salad including Strawberry, Pineapple & Apple slices.

I had a White Chocolate Milkshake to wash it down with and all in all left me with energy for the steep hills of Alnwick and that satisfied full feeling.

Overall a fairly decent visit though if you want a sit down go early to avoid the rush!

Alnwick, United Kingdom
“Strawberry Lounge is Tops!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We've been regular visitors to Strawberry Lounge for over 3 years and never been disappointed.Good wholesome food at very reasonable prices.
When we have a soup and scone for lunch we can't eat until supper time. The scones are extra-large and cost just over £1 each. When we take visiting friends they are simply astounded at the value for money!

Visited September 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Best Place for lunch in Alnwick!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I've been going here since it opened about 6 years ago, and it's always first choice for lunch in Alnwick. Brilliant value for money, with panini's, jacket potatos, scones, cakes, and lots more, with a panini generally costing less than £4, and that's with a salad too. They also do gorgeous smoothies, with a 'smoothie of the day' each day that is slightly cheaper than the fixed menu ones.

Definitely go here if you have a chance! It gets quite busy at lunchtimes, but is well worth a wait. There's always brilliant service, and it's family run.

• Visited August 2012