“Friendly Pub near the sea” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Sheffield
“Friendly Pub near the sea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We have recently enjoyed a lovely family meal at The Joiners Arms which is friendly and relaxed. The service was excellent considering it was a Saturday night and we booked at the last minute. The seafood sharing platter to start was lovely and enough for 3. The menu was varied and included all the tractional pub classics plus some more original dishes. We would particularly recommend the burger and the steak!!! The fish and chips looked good to on the table next door!!! Our only disappointment was that we were not on holiday long enough to go again!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Joiners Arms, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Good afternoon,

I hope you are well.

Many thanks for your lovely feedback regarding your recent visit to the Joiners Arms.

I'm so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your meal, and I must admit the burger is definitely one of my favourites as well!

We look forward to hopefully welcome you back in the near future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Don't ask for the menu, just ask for Fish & Chips!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Decent little boozer in a pleasant village. Locally brewed ales and other niche products as well as the usual. Simply and tastefully decorated. Staff very friendly and service is excellent. They also allow clean, well behaved dogs into the pub and were quite happy for our dog to sit under the table while we dined. Everything I saw coming out of the kitchen looked good, well presented and decent portions. Unfortunately, I have been twice now and I can't get past the signature Haddock & Chips; Massive well battered fresh haddock, good chips, proper mushy peas and homemade tartare sauce. They are as good as I have had anywhere and are highly recommended. The portion size means that they are not for the faint hearted or those on a diet! I would advise booking, it is, rightly, popular.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Good Afternoon,

I hope you are well.

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your recent visit to The Joiners Arms. We value each and every one of our customer’s comments and do our utmost to provide you with a perfect experience every time.

I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience here at our venue, and I must admit the fish and chips are definitely my favourite as well!

We hopefully look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Derby
“tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

we were a party of 8 went for a last night of holiday meal.very tasty and the staff were very accommodating with the various culinary needs we had.(1 coeliac ,1 vegetarian).pricey but was worth it. ...............

Good afternoon Sue,

I hope you are well.

I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your food and stay, and we do look forward to hopefully welcome you back in the near future.

York, United Kingdom
“Simple gastro pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I've eaten regularly at As You Like It over the years and hoped the Joiners Arms would be just as good.

The place itself if cosy, not as 'boutique-y' as AYLI but perhaps this is just right for a pub.

We came here for lunch after attending a wedding at Newton Hall (beautiful place, also had great food there) the day before. I ordered the fish and chips even after being warned it was a large portion. And it was huge! I couldn't finish it, but the chips were yummy, and the fish was nicely cooked.

I'd recommend it if you are in the area, and it's especially good if you're in a large group.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Joiners Arms, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to our venue The Joiners Arms. We value our customers comments as we aim to continually improve and provide the best experience each and every time.

I can see by your review that you are a loyal customer to many of our venues, and I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us at The Joiner’s Arms, the fish and chips is a favourite of many – including myself!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Durham, United Kingdom
“Mr and Mrs Beaney”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful overnight stay here.
Beautifully decorated boutique room. We really liked the roll top bath in the bedroom and the walk in shower in the bathroom.
Nice views, peaceful location. Perfect place to relax and get away from it all.
Another nice touch was the breakfast which we had in our room. It was a really nice breakfast with plenty to choose from on the menu.
Overall we loved it here and will definitely be going back