“Return visit to this beautiful country house hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Fawsley Hall
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fawsley | Near Daventry, Fawsley NN11 3BA, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fawsley
Tyne & Wear
“Return visit to this beautiful country house hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel, this time we visited with friends and our stay was every bit as enjoyable as our first one. The accommodation is first class and the gardens and grounds are beautiful. The staff were very friendly, attentive and most helpful. The food is lovely especially the afternoon teas and wonderful breakfasts. One of our party made use of the spa facilities and thought the swimming pool and outside hot tub were excellent. This is a really impressive hotel and we will certainly be visiting again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
MarkClayton, General Manager at Fawsley Hall, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your very kind review.
I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful experience.
Fawsley is steeped in history and is a magnificent building as you so rightly point out, the hard work to make it so special was carried out a long time ago. For me personally it is so rewarding and satisfying to know that the team across all areas of the hotel delivered the personal, friendly, happy and attentive service that lived up to that of this wonderful building. I have shared you review with all of the team who I know will take extra pride from the recognition of a job so well done.
Again, many thanks for taking the time to share your review- I hope to see you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Northampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I booked a Spa day for my wife, mum and sister as my wife and I had had an amazing experience previously. I booked this through Book a Spa - my first mistake. It was supposed to include lunch as per my order confirmation. Fawsley Hall said this was not the case and charged for lunch. (Currently sorting out with book a spa as there mistake I guess)

Whilst on the subject of lunch this is one of the examples where it has gone downhill in my opinion. When I visited previously we had lunch in the same building which was nice as no need to get changed into clothing. Now you need to go into Fawsley Hall which is a separate building and you need to be dressed. Fawsley should at least make guests aware of this fact.

The other downside was how busy it is. Considering the price I would think it would be capped at a certain number but feedback was it felt overcrowded (Only a small Spa facility)

I certainly won't be spending the money charged on this spa facility again. Previously it felt really special but not on this occasion.

On a positive side Spa Treatments were good and if you have not experienced it previously you may well like it as my Mum and Sister did enjoy the Spa experience but my wife disappointed compared to previously.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review on behalf of your wife, mum and sister, although I understand that you personally did not visit on the day.

Naturally, I was disappointed that it did not meet with your expectations in comparison to your previous visits. I would like to comment that the booking error that you highlight was indeed the mistake of the agent you booked through and I have since contacted the agent you used to also to rectify the down fall in their service, we also do inform all guest of the dining arrangements and the agent that you used were also aware of this and failed to inform you of this, so again naturally I have picked this up with them.
The decision to remove and serve the food and beverage offering over at the hotel was a careful decision and this was mainly because the areas within the Spa are not suitable, it also gives all our visiting guests the opportunity to dine in the amazing surroundings of the hotel and to be served by the team of highly trained Food and beverage team members, I know had your party raised this at the time the team within the Spa would have happily made the necessary arrangements and served them within the Spa area to avoid the need of disappointment.

I would like to reassure you that we do manage and monitor our booking levels carefully and would never compromise our service offering and only presume that the previous visits was extremely quiet.

Thank you for the praise on the actual Spa treatments and I am delighted that both your mum and sister enjoyed the visit.

I would also like to inform you that we have just invested and received our new outdoor furniture for the arrival of spring and summer and we eagerly await the delivery of the new indoor furniture also that further investment and upgrades to the Gym area and indoor areas is currently in planning.

I do hope you chose to visit again and do contact me directly so I can personally oversee your booking.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Came here with my daughter and we were most impressed with the hotel from the moment we arrived. All the rooms are individual (and we sneaked at one or two that were in the process of being cleaned and wow). Shown to our room (11) which was on the small side, so not so wowed, but assumed it was because we were on a deal. Lovely view of the courtyard from window and bed super comfy. Took afternoon tea but despite the rave reviews, we were a little disappointed having asked for no meat in our finger sandwiches and getting a 'selection' of only salmon, mozzarella and tomato. Four little fingers each, one plain and one raisin scone and a pot of tea for £15pp. A bit steep we thought. Dinner and breakfast though were lovely, great service and good value.
We particularly enjoyed the spa experience and relaxing in the steam room and jacuzzi following a good walk around the grounds, the dear little church and the countryside beyond. In all, would highly recommend this hotel but check your room out in advance to get the best out of the experience.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel and I’m so pleased that you had an enjoyable experience here with us.

The Spa team will be delighted to hear your feedback.

Regarding the afternoon tea, I have fed this back to our team so we can monitor your comments and ourselves and make the necessary changes if need be.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Booked here on a special deal spa overnight stay, and was most impressed and would highly recommend. The hotel and grounds are beautiful, and the spa was smallish but perfectly formed. In particular I loved the outdoor jacuzzi in pretty landscaped gardens. Pre-dinner fizz in the main hall felt very special, and we had a good 3 course dinner to follow. The dinner allowance is £32 per person which is plenty for food and some drink besides. I had the calamari to start which to be honest was a bit meh. But the steak and chips was excellent and the toffee pannacotta scrummy. My sister also enjoyed her vegetarian food. Breakfast the next day was really good too. Staff were very friendly and service was good. All in all we had a super stay, and left feeling relaxed, refreshed and eager to return.

Stayed April 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to run through your comments following your recent stay at Fawsley Hall.
I am so pleased you found all of the team, without exception, to be so helpful throughout the duration of your stay. The team work hard to provide a high level of attentive service and receiving such lovely comments such as yours makes it all worthwhile. I have passed on your lovely to our team.
Again, many thanks for taking the time to share your review- we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

WOW! From arrival to departure, i was just in awe of the place, the hotel is stunning! The drive up, the front of the hotel, the lounge, the huuuuge bedroom, the spa, the outside jacuzzi. I could not find fault. In addition to this, the staff were amazing, i felt so at home and everyone was so attentive without being overbearing.

The Food was also amazing, massive compliments to the chef. From dinner in the Brasserie Restaurant to Afternoon Tea the following day, I cannot recommend this place enough.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
MarkClayton, General Manager at Fawsley Hall, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you so much for your very kind review.
I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful experience.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We've stayed at Fawsley twice and both times have experienced fantastic service in a very welcoming and luxurious hotel. I've stayed in a few handpicked hotels but this is, by far, my favourite. It achieves the perfect balance of feeling exclusive without excluding! Whoever you are, you receive warm and attentive service, and can enjoy total luxury without worrying that you've picked up the wrong fork!

The rooms are totally spotless and the usual handpicked attention to detail is in every one; with fresh milk in the fridge and fresh coffee makers in each of the rooms that we stayed in. The beds are incredibly comfortable and you're guaranteed a very deep slumber!

On our second visit we made use of the spa and swimming pool and, again, it can't really be faulted.

We will definitely return again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
MarkClayton, General Manager at Fawsley Hall, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Many thanks for you lovely review following your stay. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room at the Hotel and found the team to be warm and so attentive and that you made use of the Spa and had a “beautiful afternoon tea” on this vsist.
Now that we are your favourite Hand Picked hotel from your different visits across the collecion, we hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Love Love Love this hotel..... what a transformation since Hand Picked have taken over!
Service was great, attentive but not too over the top. Food was lovely, and drinks reasonably priced too!
I can't wait to return for an overnight stay and dinner if afternoon tea is anything to go by it will be perfect.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind words about our “Amazing afternoon tea” and how much the hotel has transformed since take over.
I have passed your feedback to the team and especially to Rachael our pastry chef, along with Andrea and Emilia her team of pastry chefs, all work tirelessly in producing in excess of 800 afternoon teas every month, sometimes they deliver over a 1000 afternoon teas in our slightly busier months! I am always keen and interested in what current creations they are working on to keep the afternoon seasonal and interesting! It usually means I get to taste the new creations and many new offerings. A big hit currently is the savoury afternoon tea and yes I was lucky enough try every element of that too! I am now feeling hungry writing this response to you.
The team do work hard to achieve a high level of service and professionalism so it’s very much appreciated that you took the time to recognise their efforts. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Been to Fawsley Hall? Share your experiences!