“Business Conference” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Business Conference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I facilitated a peer review conference for 12 CEOs and MDs over two days at Fawsley Hall. The service we received was excellent. We had a private dining room for dinner and the staff were brilliant. Even when we changed seats at each course they got the orders right. All rooms are great and some are magnificent. The older Elizabethan rooms are full of character which requires you to allow for some eccentricity in layout and fittings when catering for the modern guest.

The conference room was light and airy and our refreshments and lunch arrived exactly when we asked for it. Staff were unobtrusive and nothing was too much trouble.

The Spa is small but nice. The staff are attentive. If you wish to receive spa treatment you absolutely must book early even if you've booked a spa stay as the availability is limited.

Walks around the area are great and there are some interesting finds if you are a geocacher.

Overall a great couple of days

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MarkClayton, General Manager at Fawsley Hall, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your two day stay at Fawsley Hall recently, and with the service you received from the team. We pride ourselves on offering discreet, professional service and the staff very much appreciate you taking the time to offer such positive feedback.
Being so centrally located in the UK, there are lots of places of interest to visit within a short distance, not least the country walks in the locality.

We look forward to being of service to you again in the future and welcoming you back to Fawsley Hall!

Mark Clayton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I recently held a corporate event at Fawsley Hall for 75 senior delegates, and I can say that from initial discussions through to the event itself, the support and service I received was great. The property itself is beautiful and we were lucky to have some sunshine (not sure I can credit the hotel with that) during our stay. I was aware of other events being held whilst we were in place but there was always a member of staff to help me and my colleagues. We had a private dinner for the 75 guests and the food was served hot and in a timely manner. Our bedrooms were very clean and comfortable and the check-in and out process was smooth. A great team spirit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jo, thank you sincerely for taking the time to review your recent visit to Fawsley Hall. The team very much appreciate your kind comments and we would all look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion!

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My first visit- my guest has been before. My guest is in a wheelchair always a good test of a place.

We had a great time. The service was a particular feature. From being met as we went into the lounge bar area and were shown by a wheelie rout to the dining room the same staff member stayed with us to provide continuity. We were not , as in most places passed on to another team. This is a class joint and the service reflected that.

The food was good-very good. Imaginative and far from expensive for what it was. Two niggles- a tiny bit more beef would have been good - but it was very good beef - and the Yorkshire puds were fine but we had been spoilt the week before by the quite exceptional Yorkshire puds at the Swan at Lamport .

Very good cheese board and my guests pud was good too. We thought it was good- a lovely experience and good value.

The wine a Pomeral wasn't cheap but neither was it overpriced- it was lovely though.

It was tempting to get another bottle and stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I was so pleased to read your kind comments above, and thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Your point regarding the quantity of beef served to you and the Yorkshire Puddings has been noted, and conveyed to our Head Chef. I am delighted that you enjoyed your cheese board, and your guests, their puddings!

We look forward to welcoming you again on a future occasion, when perhaps you may stay a while longer.

Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night for a business event.
Location is great, very rural with fine views.
The property is a bit of a maze of rooms. I was told it was rebuilt in the 1960s having fallen into ruin, so it is not all as old as it may seem. In any case, it feels grand and historic.
My room (40) was huge, big comfy bed, sofa, 2 armchairs, big bathroom with separate bath and shower. Only complaint is the creaky floorboards above which woke me at 7am.
Food OK, I wouldn't travel just for that.
Likewise spa OK, but I wouldn't travel just for that.
We walked across the hill and through the woods to Badby village, which I recommend, followed by a few pints in The Windmill.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. Fawsley Hall, which is a Grade 1 Listed building, did fall into a state of disrepair many years ago but was purchased by a local family in 1975, and sympathetically and beautifully restored during the 80’s and 90’s before opening as a hotel in 1998. Whilst there are one or two small additions, which are very much in keeping with the building, much of the Tudor, Victorian and Georgian splendour remains.

Hand Picked Hotels took ownership two months ago, and have plans to invest in further enhancing and upgrading the wonderful facilities Fawsley Hall provides.

We do hope that you may visit us again in the future.

Turin, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Centrally located, good meeting facilities (with free WiFi), very nice food and comfortable "individual" rooms. We used Fawsley for a recent business meeting and it ticked all the boxes. I'd definitely use it again for similar purposes.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rednaxela13 – your kind comments are very much appreciated, and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back on a future occasion.

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed here for a night with my mum as a treat. The hotel was beautiful and weather was lovely . We ate in the brasserie and the food was fantastic with a good atmosphere.Would stay here again and can't wait to take my partner there.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you sincerely for your kind comments; whilst we cannot take credit for the good weather you experienced, we were delighted to learn that you enjoyed the stunning historic buildings and the ambiance of the old Hall!

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

On the whole we were impressed although for the money we spent we have been to 5 star hotels of a higher standard (we spent £350 on the room which included a £60 dinner allowance). You can see why Fawsley is only a 4 star, there are some small improvements they could make which would make a big difference.

Food - We would normally chose the fine dining restaurant if there is one, but on this occasion we didn't fancy anything on the menu and were instead pleasantly surprised with the brasserie where we enjoyed a 3 course meal and a really nice bottle of wine (bearing in mind it was only £33 it was very good). We had an afternoon tea with champagne in the Great Hall and enjoyed that. The Great Hall is also a nice place for a drink before and after dinner. Breakfast the next morning was nice enough too, although my salmon/egg was just about warm.

Room - we were given a room one up from what I had booked and it was nice size with a 4 poster bed. The bathroom really needs updating, the shower was pretty terrible and it all looked quite tired. Bath robes were very hard. Poor selection of toiletries; no hair conditioner (and none in the spa either as I checked!). The blind in the room when pulled down had lots of stains (water) on it. The windows were FILTHY on the outside, especially one with beautiful views across to the church. I could just about see out for all the bird poo on it. I can't imagine these windows have been cleaned for a very long time. No extra water on turn down service which you would normally expect of a hotel charging this amount.

Service - Everyone we came across was pleasant, polite and smiled. It did take a while on 2 occasions to get the bill to sign for, but otherwise we had no complaints and thought the staff were very nice.

Spa - They do advertise day spa packages but I wouldn't come here just for the spa. The pool is pleasant, the heated outdoor Jacuzzi was very very nice (and I had it all to myself at 8.30am on a Sunday morning and with the rain drops on my head it was a tranquil place to be), but with just 2 thermal rooms there isn't enough to keep you entertained all day even if you had a couple of treatments I think you'd be hard pushed to spend all day there.

Worth a visit if you are local and I'll be looking out for offers as would go there again, if we weren't paying full price for it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa was purchased by Hand Picked Hotels at the end of August and is the 20th country house heritage property in the Collection. I am delighted to introduce myself as the new General Manager at Fawsley Hall, having been in the Group for over 6 years. Hand Picked Hotels prides itself on offering a quality four star product and I am sorry to learn that your experience did not reflect the standard associated with our Group.

Hand Picked Hotels do plan to invest in upgrading and enhancing the fabulous facilities we offer at Fawsley Hall, and I would recommend you regularly check our website www.handpickedhotels.co.uk for special offers.

I do take a very keen interest in all feedback and would be very pleased to discuss this further with you, should you wish to contact me mclayton@handpicked.co.uk

Mark Clayton

Been to Fawsley Hall? Share your experiences!