“Don't Judge a Book by it's Cover !” 4 of 5 stars

Greenville Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   851 Martin St, Greenville, OH 45331   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Greenville
Fort Wayne, IN
“Don't Judge a Book by it's Cover !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

While traveling with friends, we decided to stop in Greenville overnite to take in the Garst Museum. Initially, the Greenville Inn didn't appeal due to it's appearance. We weren't sure it was open for business. It looked out-of-date and run down, but it was late and we were tired. What we found actually surprised us. While dated, the rooms were clean and tidy and comfortable, reasonably priced, and convienient. Just what we were looking for. Our one request for service was handled promptly. The resturant was closed for renovation, but we found other places to eat nearby. While this may not be a resort, it fit our needs admiralbly, and we would definitely consider returning should we stop in Greenville again.

Room Tip: We asked for 1st floor room to handle a walker and it worked out well.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Southbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I would like to let you know how disappointed I was in this hotel. It is obviously in its death throes, as the room was appalling, the "all American food" at the Bar & Grill was non-existent, grass was growing through the pavement, and the Reservations people essentially lied to me about the pricing. First and foremost, the room linens were horrible, the pillows looked (and smelled) like they were old and musty, the carpet also gave me the creeps, and the towels in the bathroom were stained various shades of yellowish/white. If we had not been so tired when we arrived, we would have left immediately and gone to the Comfort Inn or the Holiday Inn Express. The main reason we chose the Greenville Inn was because it was recommended by my daughter who lives there in Greenville, but after our first night there I told her not to ever recommend it to anyone else unless there were no accomodations available within 50 miles. It also burned me to find out that, contrary to what was told on the phone about the price being almost double on Friday night versus Thursday night due to the hotel being "heavily booked", when we got there we found only 5 cars on Thursday night, and even less on Friday night, so the hotel was virtually empty. Last, the so-called "free breakfast" was a joke; unless you like waffles, it was the sorriest breakfast I have ever seen, and I stay in 75 -80 hotels a year in many different countries, so I thought I had seen it all until I got to the Greenville Inn. Instead, we ate at the charming Coffee Pot downtown.

Never would I pay $222 for the two nights in a dump like room 101 there at the Greenville Inn. There is no question in my mind that the Inn is on the verge of going out of business, and has no money to even keep the linens and towels up to basic standards of cleanliness/appearance. Overall, I would give the hotel a 1 out of 10.

Thad B. Southbury, CT

Room Tip: I can not comment on any of the other rooms, as we only stayed in Room 101.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Edwardsville, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I expected a well-worn but clean room & that's what I got. On the upside, it's quiet. Downside--both mattresses were in need of replacement---they were a bit saggy & soft, and room (and external door) locks used actual metal keys, not electronic key cards. Staff was friendly. Restaurant was closed & looked to be for sale when I was there 4/6/13. If I were going to Greenville again, though, I'd stay there again because it was very convenient to my destination.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Make the Greenville Inn your first choice when traveling in or near Greenville, Ohio. Family owned, pleasant, casual atmosphere. Includes a breakfast buffet with a choice of self-help items such as make-your-own waffles.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet and away from the street. Easy access to the highway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

i have stayed at the Greenville inn more than ten times. On the last stay it was better than all the last nine. They updated the tempeture control in the room as well as new pillows. If the quality keeps raising ill we bring all my business back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

It's a bit more dated than the pictures online lead you to believe. In fact, it has kind of an old dormitory feeling to it. The lack of grounds maintenance creates a bit of a run down feeling on the outside -- such as weeds growing through cracks all over the parking lot. The continental breakfast was underwhelming. A nightcap would have been nice; however, the bar & restaurant wasn't open during our stay. Not a place we'd be willing to return to.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ann arbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I enjoyed my stay it was quiet and clean the staff was friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone I know . the rates were reasonable

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Greenville Inn? Share your experiences!