I have stayed in a few Holiday Inn’s over the past few years but this has to be one of the best. It looked good from the outside and was even better inside. Very clean, very friendly and very helpful staff.
The hotel is situated just off junction 18 of the M1 and I would imagine a great location for exploring the West Midlands. I was only there for one night as I was attending a wedding reception just up the road at Catthorpe Manor.
On arrival, the receptionist was very helpful, fast, efficient and cheerful. She even booked us a return taxi to the wedding reception. Actually, that was the only negative on the weekend. The hotel use a taxi firm based in Rugby who have a standard call out charge of £12. You then have to add the fare to that so it’s a very expensive taxi for a very short trip. To be fair to the hotel, they did warn me that a call out charge applied so I only have myself to blame for paying so much money. I have learned a useful lesson though and that’s to do some research before I go. I’m sure I could have got a local taxi a lot cheaper. Anyway, back to the hotel review.
We didn’t eat at the hotel on the night as we went to the wedding reception but breakfast was beautiful. The restaurant was very clean and well maintained and the staff were very fast and efficient. There had been a 70th birthday party in the hotel the previous night so the restaurant was very full but the staff kept everything flowing and there was plenty of freshly cooked food available.
The hotel has an indoor swimming pool, sauna and Jacuzzi along with a well equipped gym.my wife used the swimming pool on both days and really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. The young lady on the swimming pool reception (sorry but I don’t remember her name) was the most cheerful and helpful member of a hotel team I have met. She obviously loves her job and its people like her that help to make your stay more memorable.
The best part for me was the bedroom. Well to be more specific the bathroom. It wasn’t the shower, the sink, the toilet or the lovely soft white bathrobe. No it was simply the set of bathroom scales that were obviously a bit worse for wear. However, when I used them it said I had lost nearly a stone in weight compared to the ones I use in Boots the chemist. I don’t care if they were broken. I lost weight!!
Overall a great weekend away in a very well managed hotel. I would definitely return and would have no problem recommending it to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in its own grounds on the outskirts of historic Rugby in Crick, the Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton is a spacious, elegant hotel. Its easy to reach just off the M1/J18. The Holiday Inn Hotel has 90 rooms with High Speed Internet Access and air conditioning; 2 are equipped for special needs and 13 Meeting Rooms. Relax in the hotel lounge and bar and dine here and in the cosmopolitan hotel restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton Hotel Crick
- Holiday Inn Crick
- Crick Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton Crick, Northamptonshire, UK