“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Crick
Telford, Shropshire
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have stayed in a few Holiday Inn’s over the past few years but this has to be one of the best. It looked good from the outside and was even better inside. Very clean, very friendly and very helpful staff.
The hotel is situated just off junction 18 of the M1 and I would imagine a great location for exploring the West Midlands. I was only there for one night as I was attending a wedding reception just up the road at Catthorpe Manor.
On arrival, the receptionist was very helpful, fast, efficient and cheerful. She even booked us a return taxi to the wedding reception. Actually, that was the only negative on the weekend. The hotel use a taxi firm based in Rugby who have a standard call out charge of £12. You then have to add the fare to that so it’s a very expensive taxi for a very short trip. To be fair to the hotel, they did warn me that a call out charge applied so I only have myself to blame for paying so much money. I have learned a useful lesson though and that’s to do some research before I go. I’m sure I could have got a local taxi a lot cheaper. Anyway, back to the hotel review.
We didn’t eat at the hotel on the night as we went to the wedding reception but breakfast was beautiful. The restaurant was very clean and well maintained and the staff were very fast and efficient. There had been a 70th birthday party in the hotel the previous night so the restaurant was very full but the staff kept everything flowing and there was plenty of freshly cooked food available.
The hotel has an indoor swimming pool, sauna and Jacuzzi along with a well equipped gym.my wife used the swimming pool on both days and really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. The young lady on the swimming pool reception (sorry but I don’t remember her name) was the most cheerful and helpful member of a hotel team I have met. She obviously loves her job and its people like her that help to make your stay more memorable.
The best part for me was the bedroom. Well to be more specific the bathroom. It wasn’t the shower, the sink, the toilet or the lovely soft white bathrobe. No it was simply the set of bathroom scales that were obviously a bit worse for wear. However, when I used them it said I had lost nearly a stone in weight compared to the ones I use in Boots the chemist. I don’t care if they were broken. I lost weight!!
Overall a great weekend away in a very well managed hotel. I would definitely return and would have no problem recommending it to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RUGNH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you taking the time to write down your experience with us at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I shall be passing these comments on to relevant members of staff that were mentioned. At Holiday Inn Rugby we are committed to ensuring that our guest's stay is a memorable one.
We look forward to seeing you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night 3rd June 2013, room 21 on the ground floor, room was very nice, clean and tidy. Adequate facilities to hang your cloths, the room itself was very functional, the TV worked well and the general feel and condition of the room was pretty good. The bathroom again was functional, the shower was good and powerful. Overall a good nights sleep, the bed was soft, fresh linen and overall very good. Great staff on reception, very helpful, they remember you as a guest as I've stayed here a few times now. Didn't eat dinner in the hotel as I find the restaurant more akin to a breakfast cafe but there is nothing wrong with it, just not my style for dinner. Had breakfast the following morning, food was good, staff were friendly and excellent choice of cold and hot selections. The staff are attentive, caring, happy, always great you with a smile and a word. Overall a good stay, Well done, I will be back again on my travels.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RUGNH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.

Your comments are important to us and help us to continuously improve our service for all of our guests at the hotel.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you back again with us at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely relaxing stay here for 2 nights. It was very quiet the first night and so breakfast was served to order but still very good. The second night was busier due to a coach trip so usual breakfast in the mornings. There was an automatic pancake maker there that my 7 year old daughter loved.

The pool was nice and large and warm with a hot spa to relax in too.

The staff were friendly and helpful. All in all it is a nice place to stay, the only thing is, if you want something to eat and not from the restaurant there isn't much choice without a drive to rugby.

We would return.

• Stayed June 2013
RUGNH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write down your comments further to your stay with us.

It is always good to hear positive feedback about the particular areas you commented on.

As a business we strive to make your stay a relaxed and enjoyable one and look forward to seeing you back with us again at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

+ great location in terms of not being away from office
+ nice b'fast
+ nice gym + pool
+ fair price
+ wifi
+ it was snowing amd freeuing during my stay, but the room was heated well

- have not added the stay on my member card

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your comments following your stay with us at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.

It is always good to hear your opinions as it helps us to improve our standards of service to our guest

Once again thank you for your positive feedback and we look forward to seeing you again at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.
Cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed for business for one night. I had actually booked into the wrong hotel (Jct 16!!) and the management between them organised a transfer so I could meet up with my colleagues as planned - great service! I just needed to ring and confirm with my booking agency.
Pleasant welcome and a servicable room - I loved the sliding wooden panels that you push over the windows insteadof blinds or curtains - no light seepage! The bathroom was clean and adequate - no frills but everything I needed. I would of appreciated softer pillows - they offer 'hard' and 'soft' options but could not really differentiate between them!
Had a sandwich in the bar for dinner which was good. Breakfast pleasant - only had cold so can't comment on the cooked offer. There was an older lady in the restaurant at breakfast who was welcoming and lovely!
Sat in the lounge to wait for my colleague after breakfast and the manager immediately offered me coffee/tea.
The member of staff on the reception desk was serving at the bar when I went to check out so the manager immediately went to take over behind the bar so I could be checked out.
Convenient for motorways without being noisy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RUGNH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to feedback your comments further to your recent stay with us.

I would like to thank you for your kind comments and shall make sure that I will pass these on to the relevant staff mentioned in your review.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Immaculate bathroom. Unpleasant odour through corridors due to very low amount of flush water in loos, (they could do with some of that strong blue stuff). Duvets much too thin (tog) and not long enough to cover shoulders. Sandwiches in bar ok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RUGNH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
We would like to thank you for your feedback further to your recent stay with us.

I shall be discussing these areas with our Head of Housekeeping, as comments enable us to identify areas to focus upon when identifying customer needs and requirements.

Once again may I thank you taking the time to share these comments with us and look forward to seeing you again at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Brief overnight business stay - excellent
Clean adequately well furnished rooms the usual Holiday Inn
Clean bathrooms
Convenient location of the M1
Would stay again
Recommended
Did not stay for any meals so cannot comment

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments following you recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.

I will pass these onto the particular members of staff from the departments you commented on.Your feedback is important to us in helping us deliver the right standard of service to yourself and other guests.

We look forward to seeing you again at Holiday Inn Rugby-Northampton.

Been to Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton? Share your experiences!