“A well earned weekend away.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Maltsters

The Maltsters
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Badby
The Maltsters
You added The Maltsters to your Saves list
The Green, Badby, Daventry nn11 3af, England (Formerly Maltsters Country Inn )   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Badby
Northampton, United Kingdom
“A well earned weekend away.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011 via mobile

Without a doubt the best place we have stayed all year. The building and gardens are beautiful, staff are more than accommodating and food is to die for although we only sampled a small selection, of what was on offer. We cannot wait to return here soon. Many thanks.

• Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011 via mobile

A village pub that thinks it's a London restaurant menu very small hardly changes ever drinks 50 percent more expensive than other local places no atmosphere I'd advise the other pub

• Stayed August 2011
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

We went here today for some lunch. I have never been this side of northants for lunch before, we went because we were viewing a wedding venue in Hellidon. Anyhow, the staff were excellent, I am wheat and gluten free and quite often staff look baffled when you ask questions abut the food. The staff here were cofindent and knew their stuff and were able to tell me what was gluten free. I was really impressed. The food was tasty, there was enough of it. The fire was roaring, the restaurant was clean and tidy and the beer was good (according to my Dad). I would definately come here again. My only criticism was there was not enough vege options.

• Stayed November 2010
Buckhurst Hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

We have just returned from a delightful meal in this Pub. The bar staff were very attentive and extremely welcoming and we would deffinitely return to sample further dishes off the menu.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

I went here yesterday with a group of friends. We were only in for lunch, and so I cannot comment on the rooms etc, but the food was terrible and the staff were not overly friendly. I see there are two other reviews on here which are very good indeed, so I can only put my bad review down to the fact that this place has recently come under new management.

We had pre-booked for Sunday lunch based on what we saw on their website. The website talks of warm welcomes, an olde-worlde atmosphere and home-made, locally sourced food and the menu sounds lovely. In contrast we got a fairly unfriendly welcome, there was no atmosphere and the food was appalling. The roasts on offer were pork or beef, both of which were dried out and tough and were served with cold gravy, sloppy vegetables, rubbery and uncooked roast potatoes and what we presume to be mashed potatoes, but what can only be described as reminiscent of wallpaper paste. There were 11 of us in our group and none of us could come even close to finishing our food. A quick scan around the rest of the pub showed that we were by no means the only table who couldn't stomach the food. This was a real disappointment as the website makes it look so promising. I suppose this could just be 'teething troubles' and can only hope that things get better.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Derby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

I found this by chance after booking a bargain break away at the De Vere's hotel in Staverton. I wanted somewhere cozy and romantic without having to take out a small mortgage. The Maltsters had it all, cozy, romantic and fantastic food at a very reasonable price. Freshly cooked to order, none of this heat and serve rubbish. The staff were VERY accomodating and tweaked our orders to suit. The only thing prospective customers need warning of is that there are no card payment facilities at the inn. This is not a problem if you still carry cash around with you. I mentioned this to the owner and suggested they put a note on their website, but bear this in mind if you do visit.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

I found this little gem on a business trip working in daventry which is only about 2 mile away.Situated in the small village of badby.Chris and Nick made us feel more than welcome.Which spreads throughout the locals.Rooms and food was great could not fault a thing and will be going back this time for R & R

• Liked — friendlyness
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Maltsters? Share your experiences!