“Outstanding and friendly” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   45 Reeth Road, Richmond DL10 4EX, England   |
Ranked #14 of 43 Richmond B&B and Inns
“Outstanding and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed at this guest house, the friendly outstanding service keeps me coming back, I would highly recommend this guest house to anyone who wants is visiting the Richmond area. I will be visiting again in the near future.

• Stayed February 2013

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Great Kingshill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at the Westend Guesthouse for one night from the 6th to 7th November. From the warm welcome on our arrival to the impressive standards of our rooms I can not recommend this guest house enough. Ian and Helen were very friendly and caring hosts providing us with tea, coffee and cake on our arrival. The breakfast the following morning was delicious and the range on the breakfast menu was substantial. The rooms were clean, tidy and very comfortable. The guest house is just a 10 minute walk from a wide range of restaurants and Ian and Helen were on hand to advise on the individual merits of them. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
mac0460, Owner at West End Guest House, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you John for your kind review. We have been consistently strivng to improve the accommodation and services that we provide since taking over this accommodation premises in 2008 and we hope to implement some additional changes inthe coming season this year.

Ian & Helen
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My two sisters myself and two cousins were in Richmond Yorkshire this weekend. We stayed at the West End Guest House. We were welcomed on arrival with pots of tea and cake by the owners, which was a wonderful touch as after a long journey tea and cake were a welcome sight . The rooms were spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The only criticism, if any ,was that we had to order our breakfast the day before and I am not keen on this, but that is a personal opinion. As a smoker I was shown where I could smoke and for me is an important part of my stay at any establishment, I was provided with a covered area at the end of the garden where I could have a cigarette without offending non smokers so I was very happy. All in all our stay was very enjoyable and I would recommend West End Guest House to any fellow travellers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review. It was a real pleasure to have you all stay in our home and we hope to see you again sometime. With reference to odering the breakfast the night before, this is something that we only do when we have a large group of people staying that require breakfast at more or less the same time. As we have not yet refurbished the kitchen (given that we have been concentrating on upgrading the guest bedrooms) and have limited cooking facilities, taking the order the night before allows us to do a certain amount of preparatory work in the morning before cooking so that we can offer a prompt and efficient breakfast service without undue delay to the guest. We are however hoping to open a new breakfast room in the not too distant future which will be set-up in a way to take the 'pressure off the kitchen' and guests will therefore be able to choose what they wish to eat in the morning.

When using the breakfast slip system as it stands at present, we do state on the form that we don't mind if you change your mind in the morning. Taking the hot food order the night before helps us in reducing waste.

Ian & Helen.
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were greeted at the door on arrival and offered a very welcome cup of tea and cake.
We had an overnight stay and the house and our room was spotlessly clean.
Comfortable bed, generous toiletries in the en-suite and a quiet location just a short walk to the town centre.
Well organised breakfast and cooked to perfection! We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Double bedroom was a little cramped for us but the beds were comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review. It was a real pleasure to have met you both and we hope you continue to keep well. We continue striving forward in improving the accommodation and services that we provide and this year is no exception. Unfortunatley our largest room and indeed all of the other rooms had already been booked by the time you placed your booking but hopefully we will be able to accommodate your specific needs next time. Thank you for your custom.
Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed for one night, as we were exhibiting at a local Steam Gathering, we were greeted with a warm welcome and offered tea, with cake and local cheese. We were in Room 4, which was beautifully furnished and the cleanest room I have stayed ever. The breakfast was excellent and the locally sourced produce was second to none. This is a hidden gem and the proprietors offer a warm welcome, reasonably priced accommodation and excellent facilities.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review. We continue to search out the best suppliers of produce in the locality and it is really appreciated to know that someone noticed our effort. We hope to see you both again sometime and thank you for your custom.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed at the West End Guest House for one night, on my arrival I was warmly greeted by Ian and Helen and then shown my room, it was well presented, very clean and most of all the bed was amazing on which I had a great nights sleep.
The next morning i had breakfast at the Guest House where i had plenty to choose from which was freshly cooked and extremely delicious! Overall i had a fantastic experience where nothing was too much trouble. I really am looking forward to going back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind review. We continue strivng forward to improve the accommodation and services that we provide and this coming year is no exception. We are always grateful for any feedback that we receive as it helps us to deliver a better service to those who stay with us. Thank you for your custom.
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I have just spent 2 nights at West End Guest House on 19th 20th of August and can't recommend it highly enough. The hosts Helen and Ian were exceptional in there welcome to us. My wife has a gluten/wheat intolerance and this can be a huge issue in some of the so called large hotel groups and many guest houses... it was not a problem at the West End, Helen and Ian more than catered for her on this issue. The room/ensuite was spotless, the breakfast delicious and the host so friendly....What more could anyone want, delighted we stayed there and we hope to return sometime,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review. We are very fortunate to have some wonderful specialist food stores within the locality to source spacialist food from and we are more than happy to accommodate anyone's ditary needs to make one's stay a pleasurable experience. It was so nice having you both to saty and we hope to see you agian sometime.

Ian & Helen.

Been to West End Guest House? Share your experiences!