“Quaint” 3 of 5 stars
Review of River View B & B

River View B & B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Richmond
River View B & B
You added River View B & B to your Saves list
Park Wynd, Richmond DL10 4JS, England   |
Ranked #28 of 43 Richmond B&B and Inns
sheffield
“Quaint”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

River View B&B is near the bottom of a steep hill and parking is in front it. Though hilly, it is an ideal location for walkers, the castle and market square.
If you like compact, chintz and quaint, then this is the place for you. Our room had no drawers or cupboards and a wardrobe that doubles up as storage and only big enough for 2 of the 7 dwarfs - we lived out of our cases. The compact en suite was manageable, but the noisy pipes when switching off the shower, taps or flushing caused such a noise I daren't use it during the night. Personally I didn't like the tea making facilities being on a tray on the floor along with the kettle.
Breakfast was served in an old, rustic music room downstairs and there is a beautiful view of the River Swale from the patio on this floor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The stay was nice, and comfortable and would recommend it to anyone. Nice bedroom and good breakfast with a terraced dining area which overlooks the river (and I was lucky to have sunny mornings when I was there).
The view from my room was stunning, and could see the coast to coast walk across the river.
I stayed here for a 2 night stay during my coast to coast, and as I was eager to keep walking I was glad to have been offered advice on where to go for a short walk near Richmond (Easby Abbey, and I also did a few other little walks by the River). Also given advice on few restaurants, my favourite been the La Rustique.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Clean , nice room. Very friendly hosts. Breakfast room has beautiful views. Location is close to town centre. Parking is on the street outside. Great intimate B&B, don't miss the home-made lemon curd on your toast!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights on a weekend away. The location is perfect - just off from the market square. The two owners are incredibly friendly and helpful. They offered advice (including an excellent restaurant recommendation - La Rustique) and really couldn't have done any more to help us enjoy our stay. The breakfast is great and the view from the patio area over the river is a delightful place to spend your breakfast time. I left my phone charger behind and they very kindly sent it straight away! If we ever come back to Richmond we would stay here again without a shadow of a doubt.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wide and I stayed here April 28 and 29 2013 and had a lovely weekend break. Jill is a first class host and lovely person and this is a great location to explore the town. Cup of tea and piece of cake on arrival set the tone for a relaxing weekend.
Great breakfasts in music room on ground floor. Nice room with really good shower. Ideal for walking around town and along the river. View from our window was of Richmond Castle. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: room in roof - one has view of river and one of castle - take your pick - we had castle !
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Darlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed for New Year's Eve, as we had booked a meal at the superb French Restaurant Rustique also in Richmond.
Jill the owner could not do enough for us, tea on arrival, after we had put our things in our room for the night. Room was just perfect, with a great view of Richmond Castle, couldn't ask for a better setting! Breakfast at whatever time we liked on New Year's Day, we made it for 10.00am, plus we could have anything to eat, I had smoked salmon & scrambled eggs, my wife had bacon & scrambled eggs, nothing was too much trouble, oh I forgot, Jill also made us mulled wine on our return from the restaurant! This is the place to go, ideally situated, handy for Richmond Market Place, yet perfect views over the river Swale - it doesn't get any better!

• Stayed December 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have stayed here several times and never found a more warm welcome. The b and b is perfectly positioned to explore Richmond and the surrounding area - all of which is outstandingly beautiful. Jill and Stuart make you feel at home from the moment you arrive and are delightful hosts. The rooms are warm and comfortable and very cosy. The breakfast is superb. I cannot recommend this b and b highly enough.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to River View B & B? Share your experiences!