“Out Of This World” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 43 Richmond B&B and Inns
Pembrokeshire
“Out Of This World”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

What a place, a roll top bath and king size sleigh bed! A bottle of wine, chocs and sherry in our room. Breakfast was so very special and Sue was lovely. I would stay every night if I could!

Room Tip: We had room six
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Berwick upon Tweed, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Wonderful house, beautiful rooms with stylish bathroom, clean towels, bathrobes, toiletries, even a glass of sherry. Large breakfast, sans grease, in a room that's a step back in time. Can't recommend the place highly enough.

Room Tip: Room 1 was perfect.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Stayed for just one night unfortunately...we were in Room 6...which was immaculate and beautifully decorated and the bed was PERFECT...Sue ( the owner), was a 'gem'...nothing was a bother...thoroughly recommended...the photographs on their website do not do it justice...would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We only saw 1 room, but room 6 is a good size, the bed is huge and very comfortable, decor lovely...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stayed here on the 23rd august and received a warm welcome from Sue the owner. We were shown to our beautiful large room which was immaculate with a lovely en-suite which had a slipper bath. We had a nice chat to Sue and Gordon and were advised as to where to go for an evening meal (Rustique french restaurant which was fab). After a great nights sleep we came down to a gorgeous breakfast. We would recommend this bed and breakfast! To park outside you need to get a permit from either the local shop or the bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: All of the bedrooms looked great!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
coventry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed for 1 night but wished it could have been longer. Our room had everything you could wish for and the decor was lovely.
Breakfast was delicious and lots of choice.
Looking forward to staying again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
York, North Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I booked the Olde Castle House for a bit of a luxurious break in Richmond, whilst on the Coast to Coast walk. I had been staying by myself in grotty hostels for most of the trip, but my other half was joining me for 2 nights in Richmond, so I fancied something a bit more glamorous! (He's not the hostelling type, you see).

And glamorous is EXACTLY what I got. You could not ask to stay in a more stylish house - as another reviewer has noticed, the place has a quirky style which makes it a very unique and memorable place to stay. Arrived on the doorstep looking like I'd been dragged through a hedge, yet was given the warmest possible welcome. After a couple of hours relaxing in the bath, drinking the wine and chomping on chocolates, I decided to go downstairs and see if my luggage company had delivered my suitcase, expecting it to be at the front door. It had actually been lugged up all the stairs and was sat right outside my room. Such lovely service - I could cite quite a few more examples of the things Sue did to make it an amazing stay, but I won't bore you.

And, they do an absolutely gorgeous breakfast to boot. Seriously, that breakfast was amazing. :)

Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

My husband and i stayed there weekend of 18th June as we were going to touring cars at Croft, and what a lovely place, our bedroom No6 was spacious and beautifully decorated and furnished, and of course the wine, sherry, chocolates and biscuits did help us relax into the break.. I booked it because i saw the roll top bath and the bathroom did not disapoint...soo much hot water, was only there 2 nights but had to try the bath 3 times..one "major" criticism...my little rubber duck , provided of course,kept trying to drown itself, but dont fear everyone, i rescued it! The breakfasts were beautiful, well presented and plentiful, with a large choice on the buffett , to the full breakfast.
Sue is a geuinely lovely woman very friendly and warm, and did make us feel welcome and at home and anything you asked of her she would gladly do.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Castle House? Share your experiences!