There are plenty of accommodation options in Knaresborough, it seems like every pub in the village doubles as a B&B, but you won't be disappointed in the Old Royal Oak. After wandering around for a while, checking out the competition, my boyfriend and I settled on a room at this lively 'locals' pub because the staff were so welcoming and the atmosphere so jovial. Our room was lovely, spotlessly clean, warm and cosy, nicely decorated and included free wi-fi. The rooms are really quiet too, since they're located in building separate to the main pub, just across a small courtyard. It was Kareoke night when we stayed there but we weren't disturbed by any dodgy pub singers murdering Elvis on the mic. Mick the manager loves a chat, happily sharing his local knowledge and offering loads of suggestions for walks. All the rest of his staff are super friendly too, basically you'll be made to feel really welcome here, and the massive full English breakfast will set you up for the day! I'll definitely be going back.
- Also Known As:
- Old Royal Oak Hotel Knaresborough
- Old Royal Oak Hotel
- Old Royal Oak Knaresborough, Yorkshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Olde-Worlde public House situated in the heart of the Market Square of Knaresborough. We have 6 en-suite rooms which are seperate from the pub itself. Each room has parking just feet away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Old Royal Oak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.