“Brilliant Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Saxdale House Farm

Saxdale House Farm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hunmanby
Saxdale House Farm
You added Saxdale House Farm to your Saves list
Bartindale Road, Hunmanby YO14 0JD, England   |
Yorkshire
“Brilliant Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here in May 2013. We stayed in our tent with an electric hook up. It cost us £15 per night. (for 2 people). It was quiet when we stayed and only a 2 tents and a few caravans, but the site is a big one!
The Grounds are spotless, not a bit of litter in site, and the grass and hedges around the site are kept well up with and cut.
The facilites on site are lovely and cleaned regularly. The showers are well worth the 50p. So warm and very private too! Their is a hairdryer and this costs 50p but i brought my own.
The people who own the site are lovely people :)
We tried to book here to stay at the bank holiday coming up in August, unfortunatly they are all booked up and i can see why!! We are hoping to come and stay with you again soon!!
BRILLIANT!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Did lots of research about campsites in the area as myself, partner and 4 year old daughter were all new to camping and had never been as a family before. Some of my friends go camping a lot and often return of frequent stories about getting pitched up to a gang of louts or inconsiderate people who make lots of noise and use bad language. This put me off as I know this behaviour is really quite hard to avoid anywhere you go in the UK. So I looked for a small, friendly site with some ground rules and a peaceful reputation and found this little gem.

I booked a pitch over the phone with the owner who was a really friendly, helpful man for a Monday night in the school holidays. We thought a Monday would be quitter than a weekend and so it proved. Just 4 tents on the field including ours! We were early but accommodated no problems and shown to our pitch by a really friendly man who worked there. The fields were perfectly manicured with fences and strategically placed trees planted around. There is a road that runs alongside the site but traffic is infrequent and barely noticeable, in fact at night you could literally hear a pin drop it was that quiet, just a tourer that backed on to the camp field with their telly on really loud, they must have been hard of hearing. To be fair though they knocked it off around 9.30 - 10 so can't grumble.

The toilet / shower blocks are superb, clean and modern although they don't look that way from the outside and it is 50p for hot water which you get plenty of time to wash. There is a little shop on site which we used in the morning for some milk, croissants and a kiddies toy and we went to Bridlington and Flamborough during our stay.

The only negative was that we were pitched in front of the potwash area and toilet disposal area and we had a few minor issues with annoying flies. When the weather is roasting i'd imagine these pitches would become quite troublesome with the pesky things but as the weather was overcast then it wan't too bad. Again, nothing the campsite can do about this really just if you book don't go on pitches 8 or 9 if you want to avoid flies.

Overall I loved my first camping trip and will definitely be back for more, I would prefer to have the pitch right at the far end of the field next to the road next time and on future visits as there is a corn field to the left and you can park your car to your right and have plenty of privacy. I am a bit anti social I suppose (although impeccably behaved - just like space, privacy and quiet) so i'll only go back if I can guarantee that pitch but i'm extremely picky and the easy going amongst you won't have much of a problem wherever you go on this excellent campsite.

It cost us £11 to pitch a more than spacious 4 man tent and we had a generous pitch. Bargain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We've stayed at Saxdale House Farm twice and both times our stay has been absolutely excellent. The pitches are wide and flat with the grass cut very short to make pitching a tent very simple.

The on site facilities are excellent with the toilets and shower block being very clean and tidy. The on site shop is very good as well, it has limited opening times for a few hours each day but it stocks a huge range of items which are very competitively priced. Certainly not like normal camp shops are normally priced!!!!

The only downside for me is that the site is on a quiet(ish) but very fast road which doesn't have pavements which makes a walk into Hummanby less than ideal. Using a car however its a 5 min drive into Hummanby and probably 8-10 Mins to Hummanby Gap beach.

I would highly recommend it and look forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Saxdale House Farm? Share your experiences!