Just returned from 2 night break with wife and dog. Staff must have been to a customer charm school, they were all superb. Stunning location, terrace in garden nice to chill out with drinks taking in the views. Evening meal and breakfast 1st day not too good overcooked, 2nd day good. If you like meat go for rack of lamb, there is so much eat it 1st as you will not have enough room to eat the chips etc. Dogs are allowed in the bar area and are also allowed to be with you here whilst you eat. Away at least monthly and this overall was one of the better ones. Until you arrive at the hotel there is no mention of 10% gratuity being added onto your food bill to be split amongst the staff although you can request not to pay this. We though that figure was ok so it was automatically added to the bill, only when we arrived home and scrutinised the bill found that they had also added 10% gratuity on the wine as well [2 bottles].
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simonstone Hall, once home to Lord and Lady Wharncliff is set at the foot of Stags Fell with breathtaking Views over Upper Wensleydale, the River Ure and the foothills of the Pennine range. This magnificent country house, is privately owned and has been carefully restored, whilst preserving the historic character of the beautiful building. Standing in it's own splendid grounds, the view from the front of the hotel is surely one of the most stunning in the country and can e enjoyed from serveral of the bedrooms also.Simonstone Hall is the ultimate tranquil retreat; it's atmosphere exudes comfort and finery in equal measures. From the moment you arrive you feel welcomed and indulged. A grand staircase leads to the second floor where a selection of elegant hotel bedrooms can be found.Relaxing lounges with log fires provide the perfect heven to relax and unwind. With spectacular views from both the Brasserie and Four Fells restaurant, it's the perfect place to enjoy a relaxed or intimate dinner. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Simonstone Hall Country Hotel
- Simonstone Hall Country Hawes
- Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel Hawes, Yorkshire