“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife, daughter and I had a lovely short break on the East coast and it was made extra special thanks to the very warm welcome and excellent service provide by Sam & Chris. Superb breakfasts and spacious, comfortable rooms. We would eagerly recommend a stay here :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

hi we have just had a great weekend in filey,hallam house is a great place to stay the rooms are spacious and warm ,the food was a good breakfast plenty of it.the owners was very keen to make sure we had a comfortable stay in the house also in filey ,a good few eating places and pubs what we noticed that everyone is so friendly.definitely recommend hallam house.john n chris

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Had a 2 night stay here in a cold february. Double room with on suite was spotless. Welcomed by a lovely lady who made us really welcome and cooks a great breakfast! Filey itself lovely and quiet. Would definitely recommend this as a place to stay

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I booked hallam guest with my two sisters and nephew, and dog, I had an amazing stay here, it was clean, warm and comfy, the owners were very nice and even set a table up for us to eat takeaway, my sister liked that they even had childs cultry for her two year old and a child booster seat for him to eat with us, not many places do this, breakfast was outstanding, will definatly stay again if I come back, also close to town and beach, thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed February 2013
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I am so glad that I stumbled upon Hallam Guest House hidden away in the 'Speciality Lodging' area of Trip Advisor. I think that the most striking aspect of the stay was that I felt at home and at ease as soon as we walked through the door and met Sam. She was just what I want from a guest house host; friendly, welcoming, genuine, informative, unassuming, modest, always available if needed but with no annoying list of house rules. All of this meant that I felt completely relaxed.

The room (5, at the back of the house on the 2nd floor) was even better than I had thought it was going to be, and the shower room was spotless. The toiletries provided were brilliant quality. The bed was dead comfy and the pillows were supportive, as was the mattress.

The dining area felt relaxing and easy-going, yet clean and uncluttered. The quality of the cooked breakfast was superb; I never knew hash browns could taste that good, the sausages were obviously top quality and they were cooked evenly and perfectly (a rarity in itself) and when I commented on the perfect poached eggs I even gained a tip from the chef. Brilliant.

I genuinely feel that the prices charged for the rooms are way too low and that Hallam Guest House undersells itself. I honestly could not fault the place. Incredible value, that's what you get here.

Tip #1: Just ask Sam for the network key for your free wifi, she obliges with a smile in her voice.

Tip #2: JUST STAY THERE!

Room Tip: Room 5 on 2nd floor, at the back of the house was great. Very comfortable bed and absolutely everyth...
Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Excellent value for money, Clean and tidy room with very comfy bed. Sam (owner). Very friendly both on the phone and in person. Breakfast was 5 star. The guest house is perfectly located if you are visiting Filey as short walk to everywhere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Filey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

me and my wife have just spent a night at the hallam and could not find 1 fault after arriving at 12 oclock we expected just to leave our bags and head off then come back to check in and get our key. but after been greeted with a big cheery smile from sam. we were told our room was ready so up we went to room 6.wich is a large family room very tastefully decorated and spotless. large supply of tea&coffee and proper coffee cups the shower was great plenty pressure and steaming hot.after a all day session on the beer we returned with a take away. knocked on sams door and she was more than willing to let us use dining table to eat our meal.after a comfortable sleep we went for brekkie. and what a brekkie bacon,sos,egg,mushrooms,hashbrown,beans and toms,cooked to perfection.and all this for £45 so anyone wanting a w/end in filey do not hesitate get on the phone or book online once again thanks sam.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hallam Guest House? Share your experiences!