“4 night stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Filey
Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven
You added Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Primrose Valley | Near Filey, Filey YO14 9RF, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
May Half Term From £249
Workington, United Kingdom
“4 night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I booked this on a Sunday arrived the next day, checked in 3pm on the dot eventually found the caravan fairly clean although the main floor needed to be cleaned by us dirty mop n bucket inside. Amenities at either end of site, free wifi for 15mins a day if you can get logged on. Park overall clean & tidy. Spar quite expensive as is papa johns who insidently smoke in the cars whilst delivering!! & removing another pizza company's flyers from caravans. Didn't try food in any eateries just a couple of drinks in the mash & barrel staff were brilliant with are 2yr old.
Small kids pool does the job if a little cold. All staff friendly especially the security staff always smiling. There were a few issues with the caravan nothing major but need to speak to someone regarding these if I get a reply.
We would stay again

Stayed March 2014
Primrose V, Guest Relations Manager at Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Hello Chipstar13,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about your holiday with us. We are very proud of our teams on park and we know that each individual team member takes a great deal of pride in delivering exceptional customer service. I will pass on the feedback about the security team, I’m sure they will smile even more to realise that they left such a good impression with you, and likewise for the Mash and Barrel team. It is a shame that you didn't have the opportunity to try the food in some of our other venues as we have had some superb feedback from our 2014 menu. With regards to your comments about Papa John’s, I will forward your review to the Manager and personally ensure action is taken.
You have mentioned that you would like to speak to someone and I would love to have a chat with you. My number is 01723 513771. I look forward to hearing from you.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

we have just stayed here for a weekend and our children loved every minute. We usually stay at another Haven site nearby but were disappointed with the entertainment last summer, so thought we could try primrose, and boy are we glad we did. The site is clean, well maintained and above all the staff and security are really friendly and helpful.
The pool is great entertainment, and I have never seen so many life guards on shift in one place, and above all they were actually "watching".
The morning, afternoon and evening entertainment was fantastic. My children loved Deb's and I must admit it was easy to see why. she was kind, friendly and helpful. she had such a great attitude. sorry Haven but this young lady is wasted at Haven and should be in teaching......I told her as much too!!!!
We cant forget the other staff as they were great too. A big thank you to all of them for making our children feel so welcome and special. I know its hard work and you probably don't get much thanks but I can assure you we really do appreciate what you do.
if anyone is thinking of staying at primrose please do. we will be booking to go back again and I hope our next visit will be a good as this one has been.

Room Tip: go out of season if at all possible. bring your own food if you can.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hello Catherine K,

WOW, thank you for such a great 5 * review. I notice that the entertainment was the highlight of your holiday with us. I have passed on your brilliant review about Debs on the Entertainments team. We all feel she a superb asset to the team and the park as a whole. I will also be passing on the feedback about the other team members on park.
I am thrilled that you all enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be returning to stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back to create more happy family memories.

Barnsley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I and 19 month old granddaughter arrived at 4pm on Friday and check in was quick and the staff were friendly, our caravan was located near all amenities, we upgraded to a deluxe van but when we got there our caravan had been upgraded free of charge with full central heating and all beds made up and TV had a DVD player, it was clean and spacious. the animation team we great and there were lots to do, the restaurants were reasonably priced. we checked out the swimming pools and they looked like they had been redone very clean and colour full, we booked with the sun £9:50 holidays and will be going back next year,

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Primrose V, Manager at Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, November 19, 2014
Thank you so much for leaving a lovely review about your holiday with us.

I do hope that you have been able to book ready for next year – It sounds like you stayed in a Prestige holiday home. If you call us direct on 01723 513771 we will be able to advise you of various upgrade options.

We do have various changes being made over the winter period and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Washington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Just back from a great weekend hear. The park is a bit over priced for drinks ect. but the staff definatly make up for that. Funstar DEBS was amazing and is wasted hear she should have her own saturday night itv show lol.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay with us earlier in the year.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the entertainment here and I do hope that you will be back to stay with us in 2015.

Kind regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

The caravan was great but the site is so expensive... Not many meals for less than £10 each and the quality and service was shocking.... Won't be back without me winning lotto. The most expensive place I have been in a long with the worst service

• Stayed March 2014
Primrose V, Guest Relations Manager at Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hello Caslad1974,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are so pleased to hear that you thought the caravan was great. We get lots of compliments about the holiday homes we offer here. I was however disappointed to read that you found the meals expensive. Did you realise that we offer a “£19.95 feed a family of four meal deal” in the Mash and Barrel? We are currently offering Meatballs and Pasta with garlic bread and salad or Southern Fried Chicken Combo. With regards to the mention of customer service I am sorry to hear that you found it unsatisfactory. We pride ourselves on having a friendly and helpful team. I will of course pass this feedback on to the management team.

We do hope that you will return to Primrose Valley in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally on 01723 513771 or email me verity.hull@bourne-leisure.co.uk.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Just returned back from a long weekend at Primrose Valley and a really great weekend it was too! We stayed in a Platinum caravan which was lovely, very clean and spacious. The whole park is very clean and big! But the main thing that made our break so special was the staff, all so friendly and genuinely seem happy in their jobs which is quite refreshing. A particular mention to staff members Harrison and his twin brother Reece who were both so nice and really made our kids feel welcome.

• Stayed March 2014
Primrose V, Guest Relations Manager at Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Hello Mrs OD1,

I would firstly like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review about your stay with us. I am so pleased that you loved your Platinum caravan. We really do have some beautiful holiday homes here for your enjoyment. The team on park do a superb job of keeping the park clean and tidy for our guests, it really does make for happy holidaymakers, owners and staff. I will personally pass on the feedback about Harrison and his brother. I am sure they will be delighted that they made your children feel so welcome.

Thank you again for the wonderful feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Verity
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was my first visit to primrose valley I was impressed with the site staff were very helpful and made us feel welcome the down side to it was my little daughter was poorly for 2 of the 3 nights but I will definitely return for a longer holiday hopefully she will be ok keep the good work up primrose valley

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Primrose V, Guest Relations Manager at Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Good Morning Brian T,

I am delighted that you enjoyed you stay here at Primrose Valley so much. We pride ourselves on employing friendly and helpful team members. I am sorry to hear that your daughter was poorly for part of your holiday. I'm sure that next time you visit she will love all the activities put on by our Wildlife Ranger and FunStars. We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay at some point in the future.

Kind Regards

Communication Manager

Been to Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!