“fab weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Primrose Valley Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Filey
Primrose Valley Holiday Park
You added Primrose Valley Holiday Park to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Primrose Valley | Near Filey, Filey YO14 9RF, England   |
Hotel deals
Barnsley
“fab weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I and 19 month old granddaughter arrived at 4pm on Friday and check in was quick and the staff were friendly, our caravan was located near all amenities, we upgraded to a deluxe van but when we got there our caravan had been upgraded free of charge with full central heating and all beds made up and TV had a DVD player, it was clean and spacious. the animation team we great and there were lots to do, the restaurants were reasonably priced. we checked out the swimming pools and they looked like they had been redone very clean and colour full, we booked with the sun £9:50 holidays and will be going back next year,

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Primrose V, Manager at Primrose Valley Holiday Park, responded to this review, November 19, 2014
Thank you so much for leaving a lovely review about your holiday with us.

I do hope that you have been able to book ready for next year – It sounds like you stayed in a Prestige holiday home. If you call us direct on 01723 513771 we will be able to advise you of various upgrade options.

We do have various changes being made over the winter period and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Washington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Just back from a great weekend hear. The park is a bit over priced for drinks ect. but the staff definatly make up for that. Funstar DEBS was amazing and is wasted hear she should have her own saturday night itv show lol.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay with us earlier in the year.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the entertainment here and I do hope that you will be back to stay with us in 2015.

Kind regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The caravan was great but the site is so expensive... Not many meals for less than £10 each and the quality and service was shocking.... Won't be back without me winning lotto. The most expensive place I have been in a long with the worst service

• Stayed March 2014
Primrose V, Guest Relations Manager at Primrose Valley Holiday Park, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hello Caslad1974,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are so pleased to hear that you thought the caravan was great. We get lots of compliments about the holiday homes we offer here. I was however disappointed to read that you found the meals expensive. Did you realise that we offer a “£19.95 feed a family of four meal deal” in the Mash and Barrel? We are currently offering Meatballs and Pasta with garlic bread and salad or Southern Fried Chicken Combo. With regards to the mention of customer service I am sorry to hear that you found it unsatisfactory. We pride ourselves on having a friendly and helpful team. I will of course pass this feedback on to the management team.

We do hope that you will return to Primrose Valley in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally on 01723 513771 or email me verity.hull@bourne-leisure.co.uk.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Just returned back from a long weekend at Primrose Valley and a really great weekend it was too! We stayed in a Platinum caravan which was lovely, very clean and spacious. The whole park is very clean and big! But the main thing that made our break so special was the staff, all so friendly and genuinely seem happy in their jobs which is quite refreshing. A particular mention to staff members Harrison and his twin brother Reece who were both so nice and really made our kids feel welcome.

• Stayed March 2014
Primrose V, Guest Relations Manager at Primrose Valley Holiday Park, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Hello Mrs OD1,

I would firstly like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review about your stay with us. I am so pleased that you loved your Platinum caravan. We really do have some beautiful holiday homes here for your enjoyment. The team on park do a superb job of keeping the park clean and tidy for our guests, it really does make for happy holidaymakers, owners and staff. I will personally pass on the feedback about Harrison and his brother. I am sure they will be delighted that they made your children feel so welcome.

Thank you again for the wonderful feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Verity
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was my first visit to primrose valley I was impressed with the site staff were very helpful and made us feel welcome the down side to it was my little daughter was poorly for 2 of the 3 nights but I will definitely return for a longer holiday hopefully she will be ok keep the good work up primrose valley

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Primrose V, Guest Relations Manager at Primrose Valley Holiday Park, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Good Morning Brian T,

I am delighted that you enjoyed you stay here at Primrose Valley so much. We pride ourselves on employing friendly and helpful team members. I am sorry to hear that your daughter was poorly for part of your holiday. I'm sure that next time you visit she will love all the activities put on by our Wildlife Ranger and FunStars. We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay at some point in the future.

Kind Regards

Wrst yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We took children to primrose valley at the start of the school holidays. Price was a little high but we stayed in highest grade accommodation , so I guess u get what you pay for.
Facilities great for children of various ages, always something to do. Entertainment was what you would expect for this kind of holiday, a bit repetitive but that's what little children like.
Food outlet's ok but we mainly ate in our caravan or elsewhere off park. Would recommend a higher grade of caravan as more space and comfort and also they seem to be in nicer areas of the park and not all squashed in like sardines.
All in all a good time was had by all and would recommend this haven park in Scarborough rather than blue dolphin or reighton sands .

Stayed July 2013
Hello Longlegsofthelaw,

I would firstly like to thank you for leaving such a lovely review about your family holiday. We always do our best to offer upgrades at the best possible price and I am pleased to hear that you loved the holiday home you stayed in. The entertainment is regularly the highlight of the children’s holiday. This year we have a new team of FunStars who are now performing new shows and party dances for adults and children alike. There is a lot for all the family to do here and we have even more for the 2014 season including a "Pick N Paint" and new play area. We now have a new Menu at the "Mash and Barrel" which I would strongly suggest giving a try should you decide to have another holiday here with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to email me on verity.hull@bourne-leisure should you have any enquiries about coming to stay with us again.

Durham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

went here for Halloween never go back, we have been going for years and always go in the better caravans as we know the standard are badly in need of refurnishing. booked up for Halloween up graded day before we went got a caravan that was like a beach hut got there and outside caravan was a mud bog nightmare for parking. inside was filthy opened wardrobe for sheets to make bed up in lounge to find sheet covered in blood disgusting then opened sofa bed out to find toe nails dust tissues then when sat on other sofa in shock I could smell wee, seat cushion stunk of wee when we rang them they said they had been very busy well i m sorry that is poor they know how many people are coming so they should of had more cleaners in, didn't come out till next night to clean sofa, they came out to clean behind sofa were we said we found stuff and that was it under other sofa was the same but they never bothered to check, the hall way floor needed cleaning terrible these caravans are not massive it doesn't take long to clean them and check there is no excuse for it. the pub there is bad food is rotten burger restaurant is very over priced and fish and chip shop isn't good either in fact if the dirt doesn't put you off take your own food as you will get sick of pizza.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Primrose V, Guest Relations Manager at Primrose Valley Holiday Park, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Hi Shellie73,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your last stay at Primrose Valley and I apologise for the delay in responding.
We do pride ourselves on the standard and cleanliness of our accommodation and therefore I am saddened to hear that you found your caravan to be below the expected grade. No matter how busy we are we always expect our team to adhere to our service charter and resolve any issues as soon as possible. We apologise about the delay in cleaners coming to your van and this an issue I have brought to the Housekeeping Manager's attention.
It is a shame to hear that you didn't enjoy the food on park. We try to provide a variety of options to suit every taste and we hope that if you visit us again you will enjoy our new 2014 menu in the Mash and Barrel.
We are happy to see that you are a regular guest and really hope that your most recent experience hasn't put you off coming back to visit us at Primrose Valley and creating fun family memories.
If you would like to call me on 01723 513771 I would be more than happy to speak to you about this further.

Communications Manager

Been to Primrose Valley Holiday Park? Share your experiences!