“Bargain Resort” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Primrose Valley Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Filey
Primrose Valley Holiday Park
You added Primrose Valley Holiday Park to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Primrose Valley | Near Filey, Filey YO14 9RF, England   |
Hotel deals
Preston, United Kingdom
“Bargain Resort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Bought this trip through The Sun very cheap. Got a deluxe caravan, on arrival though the caravan was not clean. Hairs in kitchen sink, crumbs on table, toothpaste on en suite sink and the bed had not been made still old sheets on with a head groove in one of the pillows. Rang reception straight away, someone came round very quickly to clean up. Overall good facilities though even though expensive to eat there. Starbucks a godsend, Sad no Burger King though!

The best thing about this place though is the swimming and the kids clubs.

Definately get though The Sun vouchers for a bargain.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Newcastle Upon Tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We have just come back from the park and we stayed in a Superior caravan 2012 model and we found this perfect for our small family. 2 Adults and 1 3yr old but as many other reviewers if you can afford it go for the best caravan that you can afford.
This is a very large site but is not to daunting, you can walk around and not feel lost. The main site complex has a great pool for the little one and the wife (water baby) it has many splash areas for lots of fun and unexpected drenching it opens at 09.30, i would recommend getting there as early as possible as it does get busy and if like us I like to be able to swim without the worry of banging into anyone else.
At the main complex it does have many food outlets and they all looked clean and tidy and well worth a visit if your budget allows as they are on the expensive side.
Again at the main complex there is a shop The Spar it has all your needs and is what you expect in price but if you need there is a Tesco in Filey which is about a 5 – 10 mins drive away.
At the other complex there is a beach pool which I would say is better for older children and adults at this end there is also a small fun fair which looked alright but I never used so cannot inform you of prices etc.
On an evening we went for walks around the cliff sides and this was a good way of getting some fresh air, You do need to take care as some of the wooden barriers need attention also you will need good walking legs to get to the beach side as it is quiet a trek. Go here and have fun – expect to get wet and muddy but you and your family will have fun.

Room Tip: Go for the best you can afford
Gateshead
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Me and my family stayed at Primrose just after the Easter holidays, for a week, thinking it would be more quiet, which it was. We got located in a horrible section, where we were just surrounded in caravans, and the noise was awful. We asked to move and got moved into Primrose Field, which was a lot nicer. The move process made the arriving day stressful and annoying, but we still went out at night. The entertainment was okay, I think the kids enjoy it a lot more than adults, unless one of the live acts are on.

The facilities and activities were great, and you could never be bored, unless it rains *which it did* but there is still plenty to do. The swimming pool was great, and all of the life guards were helpful and friendly to the kids. The complex was a bit of a scam, with the money getting stuck in all of machines.

A bad point is the public toilets in the complex. The cleaners just flush the chains and walk out. It's disgusting the standard of some of them, and I wouldn't advise you to use them.

Another bad point is the security guards, they think they are everything and have the power to do everything. My friend who was travelling with us got stopped by one, and they said "let me look in your handbag now miss" without saying why or please. When he looked, he just said "okay go." We reported him and apparently it wouldn't happen again.

Overall a pleasant stay, caravan was nice, but very cold. We stayed in the superior level. I'd advise you to go.

Room Tip: Get a map from their website, and look for a nice place to be, then ring them and request this. Stop...
Northampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We booked into Primrose Valley, instead of our usual jaunt to Cornwall due to the increased cost in Petrol etc. The park was massive and very nicely laid out, loads to do. We took advantage of the many football pitches, funfair, bike hire and stuff - there was also boat hire, fishing and other stuff to do. There was a nice park and good indoor swimming pool which my 3-year old boy loved. There was plenty of on park choice for food, Burger King, Mash and Barrel pub, Chippy and Pizza (which could be delivered).

We didnt really use the entertainment centre but the programme looked ok, usual Haven entertainment, not for me but thats just my preference.

Accomodation was clean and comfortable, provided a comfortable base.

Will return

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Have just returned from Primrose Valley and what a great place this is,I have stayed in a few Haven Parks but this is by far the best and I will return very soon.I have read previous reviews about it being expensive and that it was but isn't everywhere in this climate,I shopped Tesco when we were there which saved us abit money and had a pizza from a delivery place which had put a leaflet on the caravan door which had to be the worst pizza I've ever had,we also got one from Papa Johns on site which was expensive but very nice.We stayed in Cedar Vale 70 what a lovely caravan by far the best I've stayed in and I always upgrade,it was very clean and had everything you needed it also had child's pictures on the wall which my little boy loved.I would recommend Primrose Valley to everyone as its a great place to stay.

Derbyshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

There were good things about Primrose Holiday Park and that was mainly the staff. They were really friendly and helpful. They could not help it if there was not enough staff at the bar to serve the food and drinks and you had to wait an age!!!.

Our caravan was good enough, it should have been though as we booked prestige. Park facilities need updating I think, the pools were no where near big enough for the number of people on the site.

Its a huge site and a long walk from one side to the other to get to each of the pools and activities.

We went to the Pub, Mash something and the food was hideous. Im not sure how you can get scampi and chips and gammon and chips so wrong, it was not nice. We ate out at a pub across from the park called the Royal Oak Hotel which was lovely, you must go and say hello to Terry and Andy who will feed you some fabulous food for reasonable prices. You wont come away hungry.

Wouldnt return we dont think, as there are many more lovely holiday parks around that area. Going to try Cayton Bay next time.

Room Tip: There are thousands of caravans, prestige level was nice
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Returned to Primrose Valley Haven Park on the 13th to the 16th of april. Horrible weather, but apart from that It was great, there was some downfalls though:

Don't go to the fun pool late afternoon - One of the workers told us to come around 4:00 because hardly any people come then - well he was certainly wrong, as there was a huge queue for the pool, and we would of only got half an hour swim if we'd have waited !

Funworks - Be aware : some of the machines in this place do not work and will take your money. On the pool table, the balls got stuck and on photo cube it look £2 of my money - saying there was an error with the machine! Not forgetting the day before on sega rally where it took 50p! We managed to get the staff out in the end to give our money back, but it took ages for them to do so, they cleared off then they came back quarter of an hour later! I think if you're machines aren't going to work haven >> instead of ripping people off, wouldn't it be better to put a sign on them saying out of order, or just simply get rid of them?? Funworks Certainly wasn't fun this time I went.

Jesters - Packed - We went in Jesters on the first night to find a seat, but it was absolutely packed. There was some funstar screeching down the microphone, so loud, we just wanted to get out anyway! We went showbar in the end that had lots of spare seats, and wasn't too busy. I advise if you want a seat, get there early!! Another annoying thing was in the showbar which is meant to be more for the older generation, there was little kids playing chase around the whole place and near the bar, it was packed With some troupe wearing yellow t-shirts so no one could get to it!

Restaurants - Absolutely heaving. I think you have to get there the right moment, at the right time. We managed to fit into cooks restaurant one night ( used to be papa johns ) but it was really loud due to so many people. We wanted to eat at mash and barrel but every time we entered it was full. We went to Starbucks once, that was good because it wasn't full at all! One night, when everything was busy at Primrose valley, we decided to go to a pub, but everywhere stopped serving after stupid times like 7:00 - well all but the Royal oak, nr hunmanby that started after 8 and this lovely pub/restaurant in Hunmanby we went to called The Cottage, hunmanby - which I strongly Reccomend.

Apart from that >>>> The holiday wasn't too bad. Yes there was some problems that need looking at by haven, and the weather was dreadful, but we still had a whale of a time! We enjoyed going in the fun pool once, going on the bumper boats - that was fun! Also the fair was good, but the funslide was shut so I was a bit dissappointed. I was a bit annoyed about that, because surely the fair, should have pretty much all the rides open throughout the day!? Anyway, the pedal karts on the day I wanted to go on them shut at half past eleven in the morning - Too early!! Anyway, Primrose Valley - I still love you !

Room Tip: Sometimes going for a privately-owned caravan is better ;)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Primrose Valley Holiday Park? Share your experiences!