I stayed at the General Tarleton last week for two nights as I was attending the Home & Gift Fair in Harrogate. I was really impressed and would have no hesitation in staying there again or recomending it to freinds. The decor throughout is lovely, my room was clean & modern I even had Molton Brown Toiletries. The food was excellent as were the staff, I can't praise it highly enough it was a real treat to stay there.
The location is also very convienient for the Park & Ride at the Show grounds into Harrogate
for the Trade Fair.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For fabulous food, outstanding service and a luxurious overnight stay, The General Tarleton is the perfect choice. We’re housed in a beautifully renovated 18th Century Coaching Inn, with views across open countryside in the pretty North Yorkshire village of Ferrensby. It’s handy for Harrogate, Ripon and Knaresborough and not too far from York.We have a firm focus on food, using high quality locally sourced ingredients. Our patron and award-winning chef, John Topham, creates fresh tasting dishes for a menu that combines modern exciting cuisine with some ever-popular more traditional and comforting choices. Whatever your want, whatever the season, The General Tarleton is sure to have something on the menu to whet your appetite. For more private dining our magnificent galleried private dining room is available, it’s perfect for birthdays, anniversaries or just for getting your friends together.To accompany your meal we have a wonderful wine cellar, many vintages often available by the glass and often at prices you will find surprisingly affordable. Our fabulous cocktail lounge is the perfect place to meet family and friends for a pre-dinner drink or coffee and liqueurs afterwards. With sumptuous chairs and sofas, and a welcoming log fire for the chilly evenings, you may find it hard to leave.Who really wants to drive after a delicious dinner and a glass or two of fine wine? So why not treat yourself and stay over? We have 13 stylish bedrooms, each individually decorated and appointed to the highest of standards, with little touches of luxury and comfort for a truly relaxing night. And of course, a hearty Yorkshire breakfast is included too.What is fantastic food without superior service? We’re committed to delivering service that is a little more special. Our staff are professionals dedicated to excellence so you can be assured of the highest standards of service in an easy, relaxed atmosphere. Whatever you might want, we aim to provide it, so if you have a special request, please let us know. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The General Tarleton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The General Tarleton Hotel Ferrensby
- The General Tarleton Inn Ferrensby, Yorkshire