“Very Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Lincoln
“Very Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I recently had my works xmas lunch at the The Queens Head, initially i had high hopes for this venue as i had heard good things, and although it was the most expensive venue compared to other similar xmas lunch venues in the area we decided to give it a go. I was very disappointed with the food, the turkey was very sparse rolled around stuffing (processed), the rosti was more like a hashbrown from a well known fast food chain, bland vegetables, brioche which resembled brown bread toast; the fancy write up of the menu was more impressive on the menu then on the plate. The staff are obviously encouraged to to overuse the 'sir' 'madam' approach which i personally found over the top and i'm assuming hoping to impress a certain clientele, unfortunately this did not match the overal service in which they provided; lengthy waiting times inbetween course's, requesting our table be cleared (after waiting a generous 30 mins), prompting tea/coffee to be served, which all could of been overlooked if the staff had apologised and acknowledged their slow and not so professional approach, rather than making us feel like an inconvenience. In their defence they were busy and had several other xmas parties, however my advice would be if you can't cope with the numbers then don't take the bookings, as you are charging the same price. Another irritant was the xmas music, which consisted of 4 songs on a loop, yet there was a 15 minute break between the last and first song. I think next year we will be going back to one of our other tried and tested village pubs which charge less and offer a more friendly and tastier service.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

uk
“Best in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Once again we have had a fantastic family meal at The Queens Head.
Great menu all freshly cooked and served by friendly well trained staff.Thank you to Paul and John and all the staff for all the great meals we have enjoyed in 2012.Happy Christmas

Sleaford, United Kingdom
“I will not be returning”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Firstly i book this meal as a works Xmas Do, and when we arrived it took a great deal of time to just get our drinks. We were then just shuffed in to their conservatory area. We were totallly forgotten about. We had a nice waitress however the rest of the staff we grumpy - very superior acting. We had the set xmas meal, some individuals enjoyed theirs but people that had the Pate didn't very cheap quality. The main was bland and not worth its money and the service was terrible. When i told the Manager of my worries and woes he said and i quote What do you expect we are busy?? I mean that is just rude. We did get 10% off the bill but this isnt sufficent so i felt the need to share my experience.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“An Excellent Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We went there today for a Christmas lunch. The menu was interesting, not simply Turkey. The staff were friendly and helpful; service was excellent and no effort was made to speed us along. The food was excellent and beautifully presented. Well worth a visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sleaford, United Kingdom
“Great food but moody staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Firstly the negatives. I phoned to double check what time I made my reservation for to be told, they did not have one. I made it in October for the 09/12/12 as a late anniversary meal for my parents. Thankfully they could still fit us in.

Secondly and unfortunately I found the staff to be quite moody which made a slight negative atmosphere. Maybe they were just having an off day. The restaurant was only half full so not as if they were rushed of their feet. A smile on welcome and during service does not cost anything and would of seen a bigger tip than what we left.

Finally the butter with my cheese and biscuits was too hard so could not spread it onto the crackers. I could not get anyone's attention to get it warmed up.

To the positives:

The food was excellent. We ordered of the Christmas set menu. Turkey was not dry and there was more than enough to eat. In fact we sent back half of the veg.

They quality was excellent and the sticky toffe and date pudding was out of this world which my parents had.

The coffee was very nice and did not leave us feeling dry as poor coffee can do.

Over all I have marked this restaurant 4/5 as the food is the main part of the meal and it was faultless other than the butter. If the staff had been a bit more professional, it would of been 5/5.

Will return again in the new year.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere